Gitter.im for communication

What do you think about using https://gitter.im for our communication (instead/beside of IRC).
I think it has an more easy interface (…so it is much easier for the endusers) and it would better integrate with GitHub :wink:

No need to open yet another communication channel. It’s easy enough to join the channel via ajax webinterface, all you need is to enter your nick and click join.

2 Likes

I have the same opinion like @BernhardPosselt because gitter.im is restricting our communication to github. But IRC is available with many clients like pidgin, mirc, ajax webclient and so on.

2 Likes

Why IRC? Is Discourse not enough?

It’s hard to chat casually in Discourse. Otherwise everyone would scrap skype for email :slight_smile:

So IRC is used to chat casually or is it used to discuss the project?
Just to know :slight_smile: I prefer to follow NextColud through a unique channel

Both, IRC is usually for quick conversations where you want an immediate answer.

1 Like

IRC is for fast and chat communication. Discourse is to talk about complex features, questions and problems. If you wanna use one single platform, you should use discourse.

1 Like