Get the data dir permisións

Hi, I am running nextcloud via the all in one image for docker, and when i did the instalatión, I ran this command:

docker run ^
–init ^
–sig-proxy=false ^
–name nextcloud-aio-mastercontainer ^
–restart always ^
–publish 8080:8080 ^
–volume nextcloud_aio_mastercontainer:/mnt/docker-aio-config ^
–volume //var/run/docker.sock:/var/run/docker.sock:ro ^
–env NEXTCLOUD_DATADIR=“/run/desktop/mnt/host/l/Nextcloud_data” ^
–env NEXTCLOUD_MOUNT=“/run/desktop/mnt/host/l” ^
nextcloud/all-in-one:latest

As you may see, i made a mount to a drive called L, wich is the one i use in my server in order keep all my data, and for the Nextcloud data dir, I mounted it to the Folder Nextcloud_data inside of the drive L.

That part worked fine, and all the users files are getting in the right folder and I am able to access them in the file explorer of my windows server, the problem is, that if I place a file in that folder, nextcloud is unable to recognize it, so I would like to know how to assign that folder the right permissions in docker in order for Nexcloud to be able to read all the data I put into it

The reason i want to do this, is to be able to access all the data of my drive both in nextcloud and via SMB on my local network, without having to use the external storage option

edit: I apologize if my spelling is not the best, but my main languaje is Spanish

This isn’t necessarily a permissions matter. If you are adding files within a Nextcloud controlled data directory, Nextcloud has no knowledge of the externally added files. This is because they aren’t in the Nextcloud database.

You will likely need to do a files scan just like for External Storage under these circumstances[1][2].

[1]

1 Like