Get a lot of errors

Hi
during scan of my Musicbase round about 180.000 I get a lot of following Errors
and it seems it will not scan anymore

Allowed memory size of 536870912 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 20480 bytes) at /var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Files/Cache/Cache.php#166

Redis::get(): connect() failed: No such file or directory at /var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Memcache/Redis.php#54

180k tracks is way more than what the Music app can handle today. If you wouldn’t hit the memory limit during scanning, I’m sure that the app would break down somewhere else.

I believe that around 60k tracks is the maximum which the app can survive as of today. And already above some 10k tracks it may start to feel a bit too slow to be enjoyable, at least on browsers other than the new Quantum based Firefox versions.

We are gradually improving the performance and scalability for larger music collections. But supporting 180k tracks is still a distant goal.

Ok, bad news, it would be a nice idea to put that into your main description, I have used a lots of hours and complete new installations of the VM to get this working. I’m using Subsonic Windows 10 Pro based, I know that this Java based Tool needs round about 30 minutes for scanning in fact 220k of titles with a max of 160 MB memory an average 50-80MB and has no browser problems.

This is de facto the same like subsonic, but open source, may be you will have a closer look at that … :wink:

Hi, I’m writing here as the post appears to be related with the issues I’m facing.
If it’s considered crossposting or somebody thinks that I should post it as a new topic, then I will.

I’m serving about 65k and the most seem to be working fine. The webui takes ages to load in the album view though.
I’m receiving a lot of these errors:
{“reqId”:“ZFg1CZwfjN3RaSBn45mF”,“level”:3,“time”:“2024-04-02T19:27:09+00:00”,“remoteAddr”:“172.xx.xxx.1”,“user”:“–”,“app”:“PHP”,“method”:“GET”,“url”:“/apps/music/subsonic/rest/getCoverArt.view?u=user&p=enc:092h3ui98esuig893uh2d&v=1.2.0&c=DSub&id=null”,“message”:“Undefined array key "" at /var/www/nc/lib/private/AppFramework/Http.php#128”,“userAgent”:“DSub”,“version”:“28.0.4.1”,“data”:{“app”:“PHP”},“id”:“660e5c024275a”}

Could these errors be related to the high number of pieces?

I don’t think your problem is directly related to the number of tracks and I have opened a new issue to the tracker here: Errors logged when Subsonic `getCoverArt` called with invalid parameter · Issue #1139 · owncloud/music · GitHub.

The thing is, the log above tells that the DSub client has called the Subsonic API getCoverArt with an invalid argument id=null, for one reason or another. I just tested that the Music app does respond to such calls with the correct error message but it also logs an error like the one above, which is wrong.

Btw, note that your Subsonic API key is visible on the URL arguments shown, just in trivially encoded format. You have wisely hidden the IP and username but you might still want to revoke and regenerate that API key for DSub.

Regarding the original issue reported here, clear improvements have happened on the scalability of the Music app during the past six years. I still haven’t tested with anything as much as 180k tracks but I believe that the app might nowadays have a chance to work even with such libraries, at least to some degree. Scanning so many tracks will still take a long while and the memory quota of PHP probably needs to be configured to higher value than the default 512 MB.