Gererating a File-Index Document for Folders and Files

Hello Community,

We are using Nextcloud for a construction company. Sometimes, we are asked for a so-called File Index. However, I haven’t found any plugin or function to achieve this.

For example, we have a Group Folder for a project called “Home1”. Now, I need to generate a file that contains all folders within that Group Folder and the files in them, along with their names, sizes, and date/time of last change and creation.

Does anyone have a clue about how I can accomplish this?

Regards,
Martin

Yes that would be a nice function in Nextcloud.

As a workaround you can look at the linux filesystem. Group folders can be found under e.g. /path/to/nextcloud/data/__groupfolders/1 . You can use Linux mechanisms to obtain information about the folders and files.

Hi,

Thanks, but I don’t want to do that for the users - they should be able to do it on their own.

Yes, statistics on the files would be really useful. I would also expect this basic information in an application like Nextcloud. I don’t think that should be too difficult, as the API will process similar information when using WebDAV or Nextcloud-clients, for example. But at least the memory consumption is specified, which is something.

Maybe there is an issue or you can write an issue here.

tx. I guess this is a requirement not an issue. I thik I’ll have to find a developer for that…