Geo data in pics

Hi,

I was recently reviewing a lot of old digital pictures I had stored in NextCloud and I realized that many of them were not showing up on Maps, probably due to the fact that most of the were taken before my camera had GPS. I went back and used GeoSetter to add GPS coordinates to a number of the pictures, and they still aren’t showing up on Maps after 3 days. Is there some way to tell Maps to re-scan my photos to find the updated geo data and display them on Maps?

Thanks

John

These should be your tools:

1:

occ files:scan --generate-metadata -- <user_id>

2:

occ maps:scan-photos --help
Description:
  Rescan photos GPS exif data

Usage:
  maps:scan-photos [options] [--] [<user_id>]

Arguments:
  user_id               Rescan photos GPS exif data for the given user

Options:
      --now             Dot the rescan now and not as background jobs. Doing it now
                        might run out of memory.
  -h, --help            Display help for the given command. When no command is
                        given display help for the list command
  -q, --quiet           Do not output any message
  -V, --version         Display this application version
      --ansi|--no-ansi  Force (or disable --no-ansi) ANSI output
  -n, --no-interaction  Do not ask any interactive question
      --no-warnings     Skip global warnings, show command output only
  -v|vv|vvv, --verbose  Increase the verbosity of messages: 1 for normal output, 2
                        for more verbose output and 3 for debug

Hope that helps,

much luck!

1 Like

Hi John,

I had this problem too (my GPS camera sometimes didn’t have enough time to fix coordinates before I took the photo – my fault). Maps should make this adjustment automatically. I have read a number of times that only one scan should be done.

Chris

ernolf - apologies for the long delay in responding - the Raspberry Pi my Nextcloud was running bit the dust and I just got everything back up and running. I ran the OCC Scan command and it seems to have added some additional pictures, but not all of them I added GPS data to. I’ll keep playing around with it.

Thanks

John