Fulltextsearch not working after upgrading to NC 22 including apps

Nextcloud version (eg, 20.0.5): 22.0.0
Operating system and version (eg, Ubuntu 20.04): FreeBSD 12.2-RELEASE-p6 amd64
Apache or nginx version (eg, Apache 2.4.25): Nginx 1.20.1
PHP version (eg, 7.4): 8.0.6

The issue you are facing:
Hi, after upgrading to Nextcloud 22.0.0 my Fulltext Search is not working anymore. It was upgrading the instance and also the apps - but throws an error:
“Es ist ein Fehler beim Suchen nach Volltextsuche aufgetreten”

Is this the first time you’ve seen this error? (Y/N): Y

Elasticsearch is running in the background and for example:

curl "localhost:9200/my_cloud_index/_search?q=test"

produces any output.

i join the topic. i had exactly the same problem.
curl works without any issue, but after doing fulltextsearch on nextcloud gui, I am getting the same error output.
after some digging, I found out that the app “circles” caused the problem.
after i disabled the app, the problem was fixed.

Logs show something like:

{“reqId”:“6j6eDO7D9W84nfLSnsTP”,“level”:3,“time”:“2021-07-28T13:45:40+00:00”,“remoteAddr”:“xxx.xx.xxx.x”,“user”:"",“app”:“no app in context”,“method”:“GET”,“url”:"/ocs/v2.php/search/providers/fulltextsearch/search?term=sear&from=%2Fsettings%2Fadmin%2Flogging",“message”:“Call to undefined method OCA\Circles\Api\v1\Circles::joinedCircleIds()”,“userAgent”:“Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux x86_64; rv:90.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/90.0”,“version”:“22.0.0.11”,“exception”:{“Exception”:“Exception”,“Message”:“Call to undefined method OCA\Circles\Api\v1\Circles::joinedCircleIds()”,“Code”:0,“Trace”:[{“file”:"/var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/App.php",“line”:156,“function”:“dispatch”,“class”:“OC\AppFramework\Http\Dispatcher”,“type”:"->"},{“file”:"/var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Route/Router.php",“line”:301,“function”:“main”,“class”:“OC\AppFramework\App”,“type”:"::"},{“file”:"/var/www/nextcloud/ocs/v1.php",“line”:62,“function”:“match”,“class”:“OC\Route\Router”,“type”:"->"},{“file”:"/var/www/nextcloud/ocs/v2.php",“line”:23,“args”:["/var/www/nextcloud/ocs/v1.php"],“function”:“require_once”}],“File”:"/var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Http/Dispatcher.php",“Line”:158,“Previous”:{“Exception”:“Error”,“Message”:“Call to undefined method OCA\Circles\Api\v1\Circles::joinedCircleIds()”,“Code”:0,“Trace”:[{“file”:"/var/www/nextcloud/apps/fulltextsearch/lib/Service/SearchService.php",“line”:159,“function”:“getDocumentAccessFromUser”,“class”:“OCA\FullTextSearch\Service\SearchService”,“type”:"->"},{“file”:"/var/www/nextcloud/apps/fulltextsearch/lib/Search/UnifiedSearchProvider.php",“line”:139,“function”:“search”,“class”:“OCA\FullTextSearch\Service\SearchService”,“type”:"->"},{“file”:"/var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Search/SearchComposer.php",“line”:162,“function”:“search”,“class”:“OCA\FullTextSearch\Search\UnifiedSearchProvider”,“type”:"->"},{“file”:"/var/www/nextcloud/core/Controller/UnifiedSearchController.php",“line”:109,“function”:“search”,“class”:“OC\Search\SearchComposer”,“type”:"->"},{“file”:"/var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Http/Dispatcher.php",“line”:217,“function”:“search”,“class”:“OC\Core\Controller\UnifiedSearchController”,“type”:"->"},{“file”:"/var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Http/Dispatcher.php",“line”:126,“function”:“executeController”,“class”:“OC\AppFramework\Http\Dispatcher”,“type”:"->"},{“file”:"/var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/App.php",“line”:156,“function”:“dispatch”,“class”:“OC\AppFramework\Http\Dispatcher”,“type”:"->"},{“file”:"/var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Route/Router.php",“line”:301,“function”:“main”,“class”:“OC\AppFramework\App”,“type”:"::"},{“file”:"/var/www/nextcloud/ocs/v1.php",“line”:62,“function”:“match”,“class”:“OC\Route\Router”,“type”:"->"},{“file”:"/var/www/nextcloud/ocs/v2.php",“line”:23,“args”:["/var/www/nextcloud/ocs/v1.php"],“function”:“require_once”}],“File”:"/var/www/nextcloud/apps/fulltextsearch/lib/Service/SearchService.php",“Line”:220},“CustomMessage”:"–"}}

Perfect. This solved the issue.

I am always wondering, wether they only throw out any update without testing.