FullTextSearch - ClientResponseException

My first post in these forums – an IT Network and System admin trying to get this working – please bear with me.

NC 27 and ES 8.9.1 running as APPS in TrueNAS Scale.

After much tinkering, I have this working and indexing. My issue lies with a single error I am seeing in the console when running either my first index, or the live service:

┌─ Errors ────
│ Error: 1/1
│ Index: files:2227
│ Exception: Elastic\Elasticsearch\Exception\ClientResponseException
│ Message: unknown error

I’m not sure how to read this – I feel like the “2227” is a marker on a file – not that it errored on 2227 files.

I’m watching the logs in NC also and I am not seeing anything that is indicating any errors. I can post those needed – but not sure if its an ES issue or NC issue.

NOTE: the index IS working. Searchable and everything. WorkflowOCR is working too. I do receive that error when WOCR is disabled.

Appreciate the look.

Maybe you already have found out: files:2227 is the item 2227, provided by the provider files. You find what it is by querying your database using

select * from oc_filecache where fileid = 2227;

The bigger problem is you will not find out what went wrong. Somewhere along the lines of recent updates, the interface does not reveal the error anymore, and only returns ‘unknown error’. Maybe this was caused by the change of the php->elastic client library which was switched to 8.6.1 starting with Nextcloud 26.

same problem

Full text search 27.0.3
Full text search - Elasticsearch Platform 27.0.5
Full text search - Files 27.0.1

┌─ Errors ────
│ Error:    119/119
│ Index: files:4167
│ Exception: Elastic\Elasticsearch\Exception\ClientResponseException
│ Message: unknown error

how can you debug it?