Full text search - Elasticsearch v0.7.1

Search options

With this last release of the Full text search - Elasticsearch app, we implemented more precise search options. You can now include and exclude words and sentences. Also the search options are spread to all the field containing content (path of file, content of file, description of bookmarks, …)

Some example of search requests:

• [files] test nextcloud help
    will return all your files containing test OR nextcloud OR help in their path or content.

• [files] +“test” nextcloud help
    will return all your files containing the exact word “test” and that might contains nextcloud OR help in their path or content. (like the file in the folder help/ that contains the string ‘test the opensource project nextcloud’ or 'test anything ’ or ‘testing nextcloud’ but not ‘testing anything’)

• [files] +“testing” nextcloud -"testing nextcloud"
    will return all your files containing the exact word “testing” and that might contains nextcloud but does not contains the exact string “testing nextcloud

• [bookmarks] nextcloud -test
    will return all your bookmarks that the webpage (title or content) or description containing nextcloud but does not contains words starting with test in the title/content of the webpage of the description of the bookmark.

Custom Tokenizer

This is an advanced setting that can be edited to help index some language

Changelog

• searching all “block of text”
  • searching options: MUST/MUST_NOT using the +/-
  • search multi fields
  • tokenizer is now configurable (so chinese is indexeable)

Happy searching.

3 Likes

Does not work for me.

I have only a single PDF file in the NC instance: 6 Spezielle Relativitätstheorie — Nanooptik

i have resetted and re-indexed the elasticsearch index

the file is indexed and Elasticsearch is working:

I can’t search

neither here:

nor here:

This issue is discussed in https://github.com/nextcloud/fulltextsearch/issues/321.
(somebody or I) will post solution here.

1 Like

This has been fixed and should be included in the next release (soon). I tested the fixes and that solved it for me.

1 Like

Confirmed 0.7.2 brings FTS back :slight_smile:
Thanks @Cult

Great!

And EPUB is working as well.

:+1:

Exact search does not work for me in 0.7.2 @Cult

Examples

Search string [files] does not work as an operator, instead it finds the string files.

Exact search for “jimi” should not find jiminy

Exact search for "files" finds also filed and file

Searching by phrase might be broken in the latest releases.

Hi is it possible to make extra checkbox . So instead i must type in
+“something” +“ELSE”
☐ [tekstfield]

Can you customize the search page for example search on date?