Frequent "No App in Context" Errors in LOG on newly installed NC 10

ERROR happens as soon as ADMIN logs in and uses the Adminsection via WebInterface…

• Hosted Server ALL-INKL /mySQL Database ver5.5.50

• php 7.0.10

• access via Let’sEncrypt SSL

• remoteAddr in LOG = my accessing home ip

• No client installed

• ONE testuser created… plus ADMIN

• no files uploaded (raw install)

• ownpad APP installed and running successfully but error happens if enabled or disabled

• two testfiles successfully created via ownpad APP later deleted…

• additional apps added: CALENDAR, CONTACTS, DOCUMENTS, TASKS, ownpad

##############################################

HERE’s the LOG Error:

{"reqId":"V@UPo1UNiDMAAEhnMZUAAAAK","remoteAddr":"91.52.xx.yy","app":"no app in context","message":"Exception: {\"Exception\":\"OCP\\\\AppFramework\\\\QueryException\",\"Message\":\"Could not resolve OCA\\\\Survey_Client\\\\Settings\\\\AdminSection! Class OCA\\\\Survey_Client\\\\Settings\\\\AdminSection does not exist\",\"Code\":0,\"Trace\":\"#0 \\\/www\\\/htdocs\\\/_ALL-INKL_\\\/_myclouddir_\\\/nextcloud10test\\\/lib\\\/private\\\/AppFramework\\\/Utility\\\/SimpleContainer.php(105): OC\\\\AppFramework\\\\Utility\\\\SimpleContainer->resolve('OCA\\\\\\\\Survey_Clie...')\\n#1 \\\/www\\\/htdocs\\\/_ALL-INKL_\\\/_myclouddir_\\\/nextcloud10test\\\/lib\\\/private\\\/ServerContainer.php(89): OC\\\\AppFramework\\\\Utility\\\\SimpleContainer->query('OCA\\\\\\\\Survey_Clie...')\\n#2 \\\/www\\\/htdocs\\\/_ALL-INKL_\\\/_myclouddir_\\\/nextcloud10test\\\/lib\\\/private\\\/Settings\\\/Manager.php(319): OC\\\\ServerContainer->query('OCA\\\\\\\\Survey_Clie...')\\n#3 \\\/www\\\/htdocs\\\/_ALL-INKL_\\\/_myclouddir_\\\/nextcloud10test\\\/lib\\\/private\\\/Settings\\\/Manager.php(354): OC\\\\Settings\\\\Manager->query('OCA\\\\\\\\Survey_Clie...')\\n#4 \\\/www\\\/htdocs\\\/_ALL-INKL_\\\/_myclouddir_\\\/nextcloud10test\\\/settings\\\/Controller\\\/AdminSettingsController.php(131): OC\\\\Settings\\\\Manager->getAdminSections()\\n#5 \\\/www\\\/htdocs\\\/_ALL-INKL_\\\/_myclouddir_\\\/nextcloud10test\\\/settings\\\/Controller\\\/AdminSettingsController.php(70): OC\\\\Settings\\\\Controller\\\\AdminSettingsController->getNavigationParameters('server')\\n#6 [internal function]: OC\\\\Settings\\\\Controller\\\\AdminSettingsController->index('server')\\n#7 \\\/www\\\/htdocs\\\/_ALL-INKL_\\\/_myclouddir_\\\/nextcloud10test\\\/lib\\\/private\\\/AppFramework\\\/Http\\\/Dispatcher.php(160): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)\\n#8 \\\/www\\\/htdocs\\\/_ALL-INKL_\\\/_myclouddir_\\\/nextcloud10test\\\/lib\\\/private\\\/AppFramework\\\/Http\\\/Dispatcher.php(90): OC\\\\AppFramework\\\\Http\\\\Dispatcher->executeController(Object(OC\\\\Settings\\\\Controller\\\\AdminSettingsController), 'index')\\n#9 \\\/www\\\/htdocs\\\/_ALL-INKL_\\\/_myclouddir_\\\/nextcloud10test\\\/lib\\\/private\\\/AppFramework\\\/App.php(111): OC\\\\AppFramework\\\\Http\\\\Dispatcher->dispatch(Object(OC\\\\Settings\\\\Controller\\\\AdminSettingsController), 'index')\\n#10 \\\/www\\\/htdocs\\\/_ALL-INKL_\\\/_myclouddir_\\\/nextcloud10test\\\/lib\\\/private\\\/AppFramework\\\/Routing\\\/RouteActionHandler.php(47): OC\\\\AppFramework\\\\App::main('AdminSettingsCo...', 'index', Object(OC\\\\AppFramework\\\\DependencyInjection\\\\DIContainer), Array)\\n#11 [internal function]: OC\\\\AppFramework\\\\Routing\\\\RouteActionHandler->__invoke(Array)\\n#12 \\\/www\\\/htdocs\\\/_ALL-INKL_\\\/_myclouddir_\\\/nextcloud10test\\\/lib\\\/private\\\/Route\\\/Router.php(293): call_user_func(Object(OC\\\\AppFramework\\\\Routing\\\\RouteActionHandler), Array)\\n#13 \\\/www\\\/htdocs\\\/_ALL-INKL_\\\/_myclouddir_\\\/nextcloud10test\\\/lib\\\/base.php(967): OC\\\\Route\\\\Router->match('\\\/settings\\\/admin')\\n#14 \\\/www\\\/htdocs\\\/_ALL-INKL_\\\/_myclouddir_\\\/nextcloud10test\\\/index.php(48): OC::handleRequest()\\n#15 {main}\",\"File\":\"\\\/www\\\/htdocs\\\/_ALL-INKL_\\\/_myclouddir_\\\/nextcloud10test\\\/lib\\\/private\\\/AppFramework\\\/Utility\\\/SimpleContainer.php\",\"Line\":90}","level":3,"time":"2016-09-23T11:19:00+00:00","method":"GET","url":"\/index.php\/settings\/admin","user":"admin"}

That indicates that a component used the NC logger service without specifying the app name. This is bad for tracing down a specific bug, but not a bug itself.[quote=“nextcloud.os, post:1, topic:3513”]
Could not resolve OCA\Survey_Client\Settings\AdminSection!
[/quote]

Looks like an app (probably called “Survey Client”, but I don’t know this one) causes this log entry. You should report that to the developers of the app.

Hi Christoph,

GREAT, thank’s… that led me to search further and I found that the “suryey_client” app - in the “apps” directory - is actually called “Usage Report” in the app store !! - in my case this app was disabled !!

It seems that the errors reported only get generated when the app is disabled (STRANGE !!!) as it was in my case… and even same behaviour when I deleted the whole app from the apps directory. So I guess something must be calling this app/script even when it’s not there or disabled.

Once I enabled the app, and unticked all possible reports (as I did not want to send usage data) in admin settings, the error logging stopped…

Thank’s a lot for the hint,

Oliver

Please report this to the survey_client butracker: