Fourth beta of Nextcloud 28

The fourth beta of Nextcloud 28 is now available on our download server! :rocket:

As always, help with testing is very much welcome!
If you notice anything out of order, please report back on the appropriate github repository! :bowing_woman:

---- If you are on 28 Beta 2 ----

:warning: Unfortunately we had to realize that a bug slipped into the updater of Beta 2 that will error on an upgrade with memory exhaustion. Before doing an upgrade please replaces the updater.phar with that one from Beta 1. Or, if you want to use the web updater, replace the updater’s index.php.

cd /path/to/nextcloud/updater
rm updater.phar index.php
wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/nextcloud/updater/v28.0.0beta1/updater.phar
wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/nextcloud/updater/v28.0.0beta1/index.php
chmod +x udater.phar
chown www-data:www-data updater.phar
chown www-data:www-data index.php

Now you can upgrade as usual.

---------------------------------

Downloads

Changelog

3 Likes

Update went flawlesly but, even though “nextcloud/lib/versioncheck.php” now allow php8.3, I get an internal server error when switching to php8.3 (fpm). Switching back to 8.1 or 8.2 no error.

nonetheless, thanks for the great work!

Much luck,
ernolf

You should add a better explaination how to replace the file in the updater directory as your script will not work for most installations.

Additionally I see two issues:

• PHP 8.3 not working
  • internal server error while doing the server and configuration check

Could you check the nextcloud.log for the error message?

I cannot make a one-script-fits-all script. Imo it is expectable that an admin knows their system to ajdust the provided snippet. There is nothing really complicated inside.

Also, about the PHP 8.3 thing, can you check the log file for the precise error? Is it already filed on Issues · nextcloud/server · GitHub?

Sorry, but unless you are blindly copying commands from the Internet, it should be pretty obvious that you need to replace /path/to/ with the actual path :wink:

I found the error. Ondřej Surý’s php-ppa does not (yet) contain all modules for php8.3. Not only the modules mentioned there (redis, imagick, apcu and memcached) are missing but igbinary is absent too. I did not notice that, since I switch php fully scripted and just wanted to test it yesterday for the first time, i simply assumed that all packages were available. :woozy_face:

So I could have tested it without redis, apcu memcached and imagick but without igbinary it is impossible.

So I have to wait some time yet or build the modules myself.

Much luck,
ernolf

@blizzz

OK, thats what I did now, I built igbinary and yes! php8.3 works!!

So now I will build the other modules as well, to test the complete package!

Much luck!
ernolf

1 Like

Take a look at this post if you want to test it yourself:

ernolf

After the Update to Beta 4 from NC27 users with spaces in the username cant see any files at all. Did anyone else experience this?

1 Like

Yes. I could reproduce it.

That is a catastrophic bug, since some of my most important users have spaces in username.

I have filed an issue:

https://github.com/nextcloud/server/issues/41694

Much luck,
ernolf

1 Like

Good luck on your project.