Forum App for Nextcloud?

Hallo, ist there something like a forum app available for nextcloud?
Something for user communication inside nextcloud?

Thanks
Steffen

1 Like

You have a chat app but not a forum, as far as I know. Take a look of available apps here:
apps.owncloud.com

Since question and answer were posted a little over a year ago, let me ask again:

• Is there a forum app for Nextcloud?
  • If not, is there a plan, intent, … to create one?

Thanks,
Werner

I think that the quick answers are:

• No, there is no such app
  • No, I do not think that there is a plan to create one

Consider that I am not a developer so I could miss some information.
Yet there are several good forum tools, even open source ones like Discourse (this forum is powered by it).

If you detail your needs you could get a better answer.

Maybe the circles app could solve some of your needs, or the chat app.

Maybe you could ask some information on how to have a single login shared between a Nextcloud installation and a Discourse one.

Maybe the integration between Nextcloud and Moodle could be the right answer for you…

1 Like

Thanks for providing a good number of choices, Spartachetto. Having taken just a quick look, Discourse looks like a good choice for us.

Glad I’ve helped

There is a Discourse SSO app for Nextcloud, which is linked here.

2 Likes

I tried this, but it seems to be very heavy. Just the install/rebuild process worries me.

Nextcloud seems to be the only good free solution for groupware, but the lack of a forum feature just kills it. Is there nothing in the works?

3 Likes

@MrBrax
Do you have any ideas on how Nextcloud could better integrate with forums
using the available apps via feature requests? I haven’t tried Nextcloud
Talk/Spreed or Chat apps yet, but I would love to be able to access this
forum via my Nextcloud instance and feel it was more integrated.

Are you talking about this forum in particular? I mean having your own discussion board on your nextcloud instance.

But for the existing apps? Circles would be an obvious integration, and being able to “attach” files from your nextcloud drive would be integral.

1 Like

I support the proposal

A pity … seams to be a dead end here, no forum in sight. I also checked this thread: Simple internal forums? (with link to flatfile forum software) - same same. If somebody knows more, please let me know.

Hmm, seems Discourse SSO allows Nextcloud users to authenticate against forums just like this one we are chatting on. Perhaps that is the best choice, since discourse is excellent!

I haven’t personally tried using this app yet to connect to forums.

edit: This solution doesn’t directly reflect OP’s request, but it would be cool to access this forum from my own Nextcloud account.

1 Like

Right, this idea also popped up in the other thread about forums in NC: Simple internal forums? (with link to flatfile forum software) . We will try that, but that is going to take some time. I’ll keep you posted (by the way: If someone could merge the two threads, would be useful)

In nextcloud talk it would be nice to have contacts as private invite only mode. So you do not see the global list. It would be nice for an admin to be able to switch between global and private as well. They would need to know your nextcloud account name and request access.

If you need to develop an app or software, hire a rocketech software development company. You can get more info about the services they offer on the site. They will be able to create an app or a software from scratch.