Files cannot be reaqched on the Web after update to php 7.4

Greetings

After upgrading PHP to Version 7.4 on a Ubuntu Xenial server running Apache2, I am facing a problem with the web Interface:

When I click on the ‘File’ (Dateien) Button on top, the file list appears, but on top of the list there is a rotating ‘busy’ indicator (see image). After a few minutes an error message appears. The page is not responding any more.

Everything else seems to be working, both on the web and with clients. The log show mostly ‘/appinfo/app.php is deprecated’ messages.

Can anybody give me hint what could be the problem? Any help is highly appreciated.

Christophe

Hi @cgalli

I can’t tell you exactly what the problem is. But have you checked if all the the required PHP modules are installed in version 7.4? How did you update PHP?

Usually all configuration changes and settings in the php.ini files have to be done again for the new version. There is not an actual upgrade process, when you install a newer PHP version. The new version gets installed in addition / parallel to the old version.

Thank you for your quick response. It is very much appreciated.

I am starting to believe that it is a problem with the MS Edge Browser. It seems to work ok in Firefox and I will test Chrome later today.

Regards Christophe