Filelink provider disappears after restarting Thunderbird

Server: Nextcloud 13.0.0
Client: Thunderbird 52.4.0 (64-bit)
Add-on: Nextcloud for Filelink 1.7

I’m able to add my Nextcloud instance as a Filelink provider and send files/links successfully. However, the provider disappears every time I restart Thunderbird. I tried removing the add-on and reinstalling it, but that didn’t help. Has anyone else seen this issue?

Everything works fine here. Goto “Settings -> Advanced -> General -> Edit config” and look for "mail.cloud_files." ( is wildcard just search for something that contains “mail.cloud_files”)
Is there an entry?

Btw.: Thunderbird 52.6.0 is out.

Yes, the settings are showing up in about:config. I should have mentioned that before.

After I posted, I thought to try one more thing: I went into about:config, copied all of the “user set” cloud_files prefs, and closed Thunderbird. Then I manually added all of those entries in Thunderbird’s prefs.js file (they weren’t there). That resolved the issue, so it seems to be a problem with persisting the preferences.

I do realize a newer version of Thunderbird is out. I can’t upgrade due to dependency issues while I wait for Firefox 59 to be released on 2018-03-13.

1 Like