FileHook not working

Hello,

I am trying to connect to the post_delete Filesystem hook to cleanup the Audio Player library.
for some reason, the hook is not triggered when I remove a file.
any suggestion?

Give a try to those:

File is deleted and is going to Trashbin if trashbin app is enabled:

Util::connectHook('OC_Filesystem', 'delete', '', '');

File is restored from the trashbin

Util::connectHook('\OCA\Files_Trashbin\Trashbin', 'post_restore', '', '');

File is deleted from the trashbin

Util::connectHook('\OCP\Trashbin', 'preDelete', '', '');

Also works on the activity app.

Not sure what’s wrong with the post hook thou?

I think it’s postDelete

I really don´t get it.
I am trying all combinations, but my Hook is not called - no entry in log. nothing

\OCP\Util::connectHook('OC_Filesystem', 'post_delete', 'OCA\audioplayer\Hooks\FileHooks', 'deleteTrack'); 
\OCP\Util::connectHook('OC_Filesystem', 'postDelete', 'OCA\audioplayer\Hooks\FileHooks', 'deleteTrack'); 
\OCP\Util::connectHook('OC_Filesystem', 'delete', 'OCA\audioplayer\Hooks\FileHooks', 'deleteTrack'); 
\OCP\Util::connectHook('\OCP\Trashbin', 'preDelete', 'OCA\audioplayer\Hooks\FileHooks', 'deleteTrack'); 

these lines in the app.php
https://github.com/Rello/audioplayer/blob/master/appinfo/app.php

did I miss anything else?
I even restarted php to reset the caches

can’t create branch on your repo :confused:

Please check this is working, if you want to compare to your work and see what was going wrong.
Note that I moved few thing from app.php to a method in Application.php and call that method. I find it cleaner this way.

I will check.

thank you! always learning something new about app/application split…

so,
I split all known actions into several functions for debugging

Util::connectHook('OC_Filesystem', 'post_delete', 'OCA\audioplayer\Hooks\FileHooks', 'deleteTrack1'); 
Util::connectHook('OC_Filesystem', 'postDelete', 'OCA\audioplayer\Hooks\FileHooks', 'deleteTrack2'); 
Util::connectHook('OC_Filesystem', 'delete', 'OCA\audioplayer\Hooks\FileHooks', 'deleteTrack3'); 
Util::connectHook('\OCP\Trashbin', 'preDelete', 'OCA\audioplayer\Hooks\FileHooks', 'deleteTrack4'); 
Util::connectHook('OC_Filesystem', 'delete', '\OCA\audioplayer\Hooks\FileHooks', 'deleteTrack5');

only option 4 - Trashbin preDelete works.
when disabling Trashbin, non of the functions is triggered

this does not really help me because I need the deleted-option from the files app to remove the title from my audioplayer library.

any other idea?

according to the docu, it should be "delete"
https://fossies.org/dox/nextcloud-12.0.0/classOC_1_1Files_1_1Filesystem.html#add515f395dd97c228f32c5e2ecd5c170

My idea is that your path for the class need a \ (backslash) :slight_smile:

try this:

Util::connectHook('OC_Filesystem', 'post_delete', '\OCA\audioplayer\Hooks\FileHooks', 'deleteTrack1'); 
Util::connectHook('OC_Filesystem', 'postDelete', '\OCA\audioplayer\Hooks\FileHooks', 'deleteTrack2'); 
Util::connectHook('OC_Filesystem', 'delete', '\OCA\audioplayer\Hooks\FileHooks', 'deleteTrack3'); 
Util::connectHook('\OCP\Trashbin', 'preDelete', '\OCA\audioplayer\Hooks\FileHooks', 'deleteTrack4');

no success
it works for Trashbin without backslash

really clueless. Tried in NC12 and OC9; makes no difference

but you tried my branch ? It looks like it is working there

this dies not seem right in your branch

function inside __construct.
I closed the construct with an }

but I am only getting
Object of class OCA\\audioplayer\\AppInfo\\Application could not be converted to string at \/var\/www\/nextcloud\/lib\/private\/legacy\/app.php#80

oups, lost few lines …

I pushed a fix, and this is what I got in the log when deleting a file or a folder:

thank you for not giving up.

I have no clue and skipping this feature.
I do not get it triggered. I even cloned your whole repo - but nothing on 2 separate test instances.

there needs to be something wrong with the file-hooks. because the user-deletion-hook is still working without issues. Don´t know if its a combination of enabled apps or something. But when I am having the issue, others could also have it.

As this does not seem to be something stable to rely on, I will not implement it.

one question: what is “version 13” in your screenshot?

I have to admit that I am using the master from nextcloud/server (13.0.0)

Anyway, try something before giving up !

• Add this to your info.xml:
 <types>
   <filesystem />
 </types>
  • disable your app

./occ app:disable audioplayer

• enable your app

./occ app:enable audioplayer

delete a file and check your log. (you might need to set the loglevel to 1 in config/config.php)

1 Like

ok, this was the usefull information!!!
the entry in info.xml is required
PLUS
app needs to be re-enabled to have effect

can you tell the background of the xml entry?

in generell the hook is called. unfortunately not via a Node object. just the path.
Now I need myself from that to the file_id…

Yes, I am not an expert, but I would try this:

$view = OC\Files\Filesystem::getView();
$fileInfo = $view->getFileInfo($path);

if it is not working, set $view this way instead:

$view = new \OC\Files\View('/' . \OC::$server->getUserSession()->getUser());

Then, you get whatever you want (\OC\Files\FileInfo):

$fileInfo->getId();

thank you!
it works!

I flagged your post with the info.xml and the enable/disable as solution because this was the key to make it work

1 Like