File name contains invalid character

Hey guys,

i have installed nextcloud on my Truesnas Machine and I’m getting the following error:

System:
FreeBSD 12.2-RELEASE-p11
Nextcloud V23
PHP Version 8.0.13
mysql 10.4.22

OCA\DAV\Connector\Sabre\Exception\InvalidPath: nextcloud the file name contains an invalid character nextcloud
/usr/local/www/nextcloud/apps/dav/lib/Connector/Sabre/LockPlugin.php – line 68:

OCA\DAV\Connector\Sabre\ObjectTree->getNodeForPath()

/usr/local/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/sabre/event/lib/WildcardEmitterTrait.php – line 89:

OCA\DAV\Connector\Sabre\LockPlugin->getLock()

/usr/local/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/Server.php – line 456:

Sabre\DAV\Server->emit()

/usr/local/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/Server.php – line 253:

Sabre\DAV\Server->invokeMethod()

/usr/local/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/Server.php – line 321:

Sabre\DAV\Server->start()

/usr/local/www/nextcloud/apps/dav/appinfo/v1/webdav.php – line 83:

Sabre\DAV\Server->exec()

/usr/local/www/nextcloud/remote.php – line 166:

require_once(“/usr/local/ … p”)

Does anyone know, what to do?

I would appreciate a lot!

Thanks,
Alex

When do you get this error?
What are you doing before it occurs?

1 Like

It happens, when I’m uploading several files at once.
It seems to be strange, because there aren’t invalid characters in the files.

Sometimes it works, sometimes not. That’s really strange.
And it looks like, all files can be successful uploaded but I still got the error message…

Do you mean MySQL 8? I don’t think there is a v10!

Also, what is Nextcloud looking at? Are you sharing/syncing a movie directory? A document list? Is there any filename that is using an unsupported character set?

Depending on your set up, you might have added a file using MacOS or Windows that is using a character that isn’t recognised by TrueNAS. I have a similar set up to you (FreeBSD 13, PHP8, MySQL8, Nextcloud23) but haven’t come across this.

Your error specifically states there is an invalid character in the path. Take a look at the paths Nextcloud is looking at. Maybe even copy the path and paste it into Notepad or some other text editor. They’ll often throw an error and tell you what the issue is.

Alternatively, I’m going to guess MS Office has replaced a hyphen (-) with a fancy hyphen (–) or something similar. That will make your path appear normal while using MS-specific characters. You’ve copied and pasted a name/title and you’re path is now using an unrecognised (invalid) character.

Good luck! These things are never easy to resolve. The best thing to do is go back to basics and re-add components until things break. Maybe just go back to only sharing “/usr/home/asbasnowe/files” or something, and then add shares until something breaks?

1 Like

sorry, Mariadb 10.4.22

thanks for the answer.

The nextcloud is running fine so far except the mentioned error message.

The strange thing is, that I’m only getting the message on my Mac mini computer.
My MacBook is running fine and even when I’m syncing the same files, there won’t appear the error message.

I’ve tried a managed nextcloud from Hetzner and synced the same files on my Mac mini and it works…
There must be something about my configuration…