File locked - but isn't locked

Greetings fellow Nextcloudians-

I recently redid my instance. I’ve been using NC for almost 5-6 years now without issues.

However my system is getting dated and wanted to move to a cloud based solution so my files/data are safe in the event of a system failure.

So I spun up an instance on digital ocean and using digital ocean spaces for storage. I basically copied verbatim my current setup to the new setup - and changed a few neccessary changes for it to work. And it does beautifully. I was able to copy all my files/file structure/etc via the web interface.

I then deleted the desktop app from my pc and deleted all my files (I shut down my old instance just in case I needed to grab the files again). Everything syncs just fine no issues.

But now I have 1 file that refuses to sync. I get the following error:

OCP\Lock\LockedException: “Documents/Financial/Quicken/2022.QDF” is locked, existing lock on file: 3 shared locks

Upon googling it says that its locked and to run “php occ scan:files” - which yields “0 files found”. I suspect this is because its pointing to DO spaces (S3 compliant file storage) and not the actual /data directory thats default (I can’t figure out how to let it know that data is actually s3). However all my other files update just fine and I can go about my business just fine with every file except the quicken 2022.qdf file.

This file is over 100 megs, but never had an issue on my old set up. Just this new set up (where again the only difference is s3 vs local storage).

IF I drag and drop this file on the web UI - it syncs just fine and I get my green check mark. But when I use quicken and update the file - it gets locked again.

Googling also suggested going into the database table itself and delete the locked file from there. However when i do “select * from oc_file_locks;” command - the column is entirely empty - so its not ‘locked’.

Sorry for so much detail - but any idea how to fix this?

Thank you!

Hi @kristophrr,
You are missing the required support template. Please fill this form out and edit into your post.

This will give us the technical info and logs needed to help you! Thanks.