File lock error hosing a user

I woke up today to my user having bizarre missing file issues. Oddly, the files that went missing had been removed many weeks ago, and it’s only now that Nextcloud is yelling. So I figured I would do a scan on my files with the occ tool. Well…things went south when I lost connection (forgot to use screen…darrrr) and now my user is hosed up. When I run a file scan on the user, I get:

Exception during scan: "files/eb87fe6532762913c87397a10d2efd46" is locked, existing lock on file: exclusive
#0 /usr/local/www/nginx-dist/nextcloud/lib/private/Files/Storage/Common.php(713): OC\Lock\MemcacheLockingProvider->acquireLock('files/eb87fe653...', 2)
#1 /usr/local/www/nginx-dist/nextcloud/lib/private/Files/Storage/Wrapper/Wrapper.php(592): OC\Files\Storage\Common->acquireLock('scanner::', 2, Object(OC\Lock\MemcacheLockingProvider))
#2 /usr/local/www/nginx-dist/nextcloud/lib/private/Files/Cache/Scanner.php(331): OC\Files\Storage\Wrapper\Wrapper->acquireLock('scanner::', 2, Object(OC\Lock\MemcacheLockingProvider))
#3 /usr/local/www/nginx-dist/nextcloud/lib/private/Files/Utils/Scanner.php(245): OC\Files\Cache\Scanner->scan('', true, 3)
#4 /usr/local/www/nginx-dist/nextcloud/apps/files/lib/Command/Scan.php(172): OC\Files\Utils\Scanner->scan('/courtney', true, NULL)
#5 /usr/local/www/nginx-dist/nextcloud/apps/files/lib/Command/Scan.php(249): OCA\Files\Command\Scan->scanFiles('courtney', '/courtney', false, Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Output\ConsoleOutput), false, true, false)
#6 /usr/local/www/nginx-dist/nextcloud/3rdparty/symfony/console/Command/Command.php(251): OCA\Files\Command\Scan->execute(Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Input\ArgvInput), Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Output\ConsoleOutput))
#7 /usr/local/www/nginx-dist/nextcloud/core/Command/Base.php(162): Symfony\Component\Console\Command\Command->run(Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Input\ArgvInput), Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Output\ConsoleOutput))
#8 /usr/local/www/nginx-dist/nextcloud/3rdparty/symfony/console/Application.php(946): OC\Core\Command\Base->run(Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Input\ArgvInput), Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Output\ConsoleOutput))
#9 /usr/local/www/nginx-dist/nextcloud/3rdparty/symfony/console/Application.php(248): Symfony\Component\Console\Application->doRunCommand(Object(OCA\Files\Command\Scan), Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Input\ArgvInput), Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Output\ConsoleOutput))
#10 /usr/local/www/nginx-dist/nextcloud/3rdparty/symfony/console/Application.php(148): Symfony\Component\Console\Application->doRun(Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Input\ArgvInput), Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Output\ConsoleOutput))
#11 /usr/local/www/nginx-dist/nextcloud/lib/private/Console/Application.php(213): Symfony\Component\Console\Application->run(Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Input\ArgvInput), Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Output\ConsoleOutput))
#12 /usr/local/www/nginx-dist/nextcloud/console.php(96): OC\Console\Application->run()
#13 /usr/local/www/nginx-dist/nextcloud/occ(11): require_once('/usr/local/www/...')
#14 {main}

I can’t find the file it’s complaining about either, so I’m at a loss. Any thoughts?

I tried putting Nextcloud into into maintenance mode and removing all locks WHERE 1 in the oc_file_locks table and that didn’t seem to work.

1 Like

My solution was to delete the files it was yelling about completely then rescan my user with the occ tool. The files weren’t important so I don’t feel bad about deleting them. If I really wanted, I could simply recover the files from a backup. But that’s not good that this came up