File assignment messed up after backup restore

Support intro

Sorry to hear you’re facing problems :slightly_frowning_face:

help.nextcloud.com is for home/non-enterprise users. If you’re running a business, paid support can be accessed via portal.nextcloud.com where we can ensure your business keeps running smoothly.

In order to help you as quickly as possible, before clicking Create Topic please provide as much of the below as you can. Feel free to use a pastebin service for logs, otherwise either indent short log examples with four spaces:

example

Or for longer, use three backticks above and below the code snippet:

longer
example
here

Some or all of the below information will be requested if it isn’t supplied; for fastest response please provide as much as you can :heart:

Nextcloud version (eg, 20.0.5): 25.0.3
Operating system and version (eg, Ubuntu 20.04): Raspbian GNU/Linux 11. 5.15.84-v8+ (aarch64)
Apache or nginx version (eg, Apache 2.4.25): Apache/2.4.54 (Raspbian)
PHP version (eg, 7.4): PHP 7.4.33

The issue you are facing:

Is this the first time you’ve seen this error? (Y/N): Y

I had to restore an old backup of my Nextcloud. After that a few files were missing. To get the files back I used the NextcloudPi file scan. But now the files were shown in the wrong folder. The file which was located e.g. in folder /Picture/Event1 is now shown in /Exchange/Data2023.
Is there a simple way to resolve the issue? I don’t need meta information back, I’d only get the data back.
Thanks!

The function occ files:scan --all scans the linux directories and give your database e.g. MariaDB the informations where the files are stored. I think the correct storage location is /Exchange/Data2023 and not /Picture/Event. Look in the linux filesystem, move the files to the correct place and re-run the scan-command. Also you can move the files in the Nextcloud GUI by user.

Maybe all is a backup/restore issue. Review your backup/restore process.

1 Like

I checked the filesystem. Inside the filesystem it is correct. After a long further investigation I found the issue:

Is there any solution so far?

User two will see the thumbnail from user 1’s photo even though user 2 has no permission to user 1’s files, although when clicking on it it will open the correct photo.

Unfortunately I can not test the bug. But if this is true, then someone from the security group should take a look. Maybe someone is reading along.

1 Like