Fifth RC of Nextcloud 25

I know, but not all people has access to a console session so for me it’s a bug.

You might reconsider why you are beta testing, because occ and console access is required for such things.

3 Likes

Mail app 2.0.1: The right pane (message view) is still not responsive. I am a bit confused, it is supposed to be resolved it seems but apparently not? Message thread width does not reduce according to viewport width · Issue #7193 · nextcloud/mail · GitHub

The stable 2.0 branch of mail misses a backport of nextcloud-vue 7.0 which should fix the issue.

Is it intentional to strip down the tagging feature in 25? I always thought tagging already was underdevelopped, while there is so much potential.

Now with 25, you have to enter three charachters to see some of your tags. Before 25, you just put the cursor in the tag field and all of them would be displayed. It was not perfect but better than it is now (while I am waiting for something like a tag cloud)

I have console access but one of the goals when you test a beta is find bugs, and this could be one. Not all people will be able to upgrade from the console, although I know that it’s not important in this moment.

Those should not run RCs :slight_smile: The thing is fixed in RC4.

Mail 2.0.2 fixed the issue, thanks a lot!

Did you have to enter three letters to see those tags before?

no, this started with NC 25, before that I did not need to enter anything, so it was easy to see all tags, now I cannot see them anymore. Did you also notice it?

2 Likes

I have not tested it. So, you are having trouble with system tags. A screen shot would be appreciated! Or a short gif video of how it works for you now.

A post was split to a new topic: Collaborative Tags no longer visible in 25 until user inputs 3 characters

I have two clouds on RC5. On both the theming app is enabled. Still, on one of them the main layout is still broken.

Try to clear cache and cookies. But yes, I also had that since the new design was implemented.

Better to enable theming on the other instance, because of [Bug]: NC25 not working with disabled Theming app · Issue #34338 · nextcloud/server · GitHub and set theming app to alwaysEnabled by szaimen · Pull Request #34609 · nextcloud/server · GitHub. If I overread correctly, there will be a kill switch for further theming, apart of the accessibility things.

As I said, it’s enabled on both instances.

Oops, misread “on” for “on one”, sorry.

Btw, this is the 25 Release announcement: Nextcloud Office release solves document compatibility, overhauls knowledge management

(don’t ask me, pls)

2 posts were split to a new topic: Is it possible to get the nc24 theme back?