Federated: Trusted Servers all on Yellow, not Green

The logfiles are posted from my production Cloud(12.04) and the Testcloud (13beta2)

The connection is established but i can’t do anything. When I would share some files I get an certificate Issue.

Both Cloud’s has Letsencrypt certificates and installed on the same Server. The green connection is an Cloud hosted in http://ocloud.de

I do have the same “problem”. Servers are added automatically to federated share but are yellow. I also added the domain to trusted_domains in the config.php but it is still yellow. Has this been solved by someone?

1 Like

Strange: Suddenly on @Lars_M and my server nearly all trusted servers are green! :smiley:

We both swear: We did not change anything! :thinking:

Strange. I read this Thread this morning and would Look at my server if anything happen here. But now all Servers are green. I didn’t made any changes on the server. No restart, Nothing…

Maybe this need some times to “sync” between the connected servers?

@hustenfrei, @Lars_M - how long did it take before turning green?

Mine is still yellow after more than 24 hours.

kr,
Martin

Mine turned green too, don’t know how long it took but they are green now.

… and another day (without changing anything) and they turned green!

Somehow intransparent but well …

I can’t remember, but I think it was 24 - and 48 hours.

For me and others time did not fix that unfortunately. Affected users landing on this page might refer to Federation: cannot add trusted server.

Up.

Hello. I have two nextcloud instanses that I have trusted in Federated share before two week.

Both uses version 22.1.1 and both has trusted letsencrypt certificates

I have make all steps in documentation

I can share successfully files/folders between two instances, but they stay in yellow, not green.

What addiitional steps must I have to make to get it green ?

Thanks in advance.
Plamen

I copy that question as it is (still and ever was) the same for me.

I have tried a host of things as well and no avail. I have 5 nextcloud instances. All on 22. All sitting on a Ubuntu 20.04 server on bare metal. I have one pair of instances that see each other as green. The rest are yellow.

Seems like almost no one really knows how to deal with it. It’s like a black bunny: people say they exist but I never saw one. I never saw green trust level instances either.

1 Like

Up 2022…
Can Any of NC developers can we tell us why still I see federation sharing in yellow, when all steps in documentation of NC was done?

I’m in the same situation, I don’t understand…

Hi.

Had the same issue beginning of this year, too.
At first, make sure that your background tasks are using cron and not ajax.

Then i’ve done the following steps and I was able to get the bubbles green on three instances:

php cron.php
php occ dav:sync-system-addressbook
php occ federation:sync-addressbooks

If it does not work at the first try, please try some more often.

1 Like

Hello !

Thank you.
It’s work.

Hi @DT-O ,

nice to know, that my hint helped to solve your problem.

Many thanks for your reply.

Kind regards, @JoHo82 .

Sorry to necro this thread. I’m commenting here so that future people searching for it have everything in one place.

I investigated a bit. I wrote up my findings and a possible (but somewhat elaborate) workaround here: [Bug]: Trusted Server Stuck at Yellow/Orange · Issue #39941 · nextcloud/server · GitHub

1 Like

That is awesome. And very helpful. Exactly what I face (“Reason 2: shared_secret is null”) It’s just that without having B in control the workaround is not working.

Now that you have established the shared_secret, you may need to rerun php occ federation:sync-addressbooks on Server B so that B becomes green 🟢 as well.