Feature Request for Flexible local deletion of Camera Roll

The ios & google play apps that are able to automatically upload Photos from the camera roll to nextCloud. There is the option to remove the photos locally to save local storage. Could this be changed so that there was an option to only remove the photos over a certain age, or past a certain storage capacity, and maybe mark some photos to never be removed?

I guess I did see that there is an option to make some photos available offline, so I guess that would keep those marked local, but I think intuitively that people would like to see the most recent photos stored locally for a while.

1 Like

I explicitly made an account to come on here and address this issue I’m glad to see it’s already brought up, the auto photo backup is terrible and I hope we can make it better.

Having most recent photos deleted first is an absolute terrible idea, at very minimum the oldest photos on camera roll should be removed first, and I know that would not require much coding. That should be implemented immediately and as default behavior.

More configurability would be great to but deleting newer photos first is borderline bug.

Always a good idea to complain about how terrible you think something is before expressing your wishes, because that gives the developers just that little extra motivation they need to implement your feature request right away. :wink:

I’m trying to contribute by helping to shed light on a major end user issue. I say that it’s terrible not to complain or be negative about current version, but to point out where we need to improve to better the app as a whole.
Hope you choose to see beyond your personal qualms to the word “terrible” and push your energy in the future in a positive direction.

Im also happy to review any code excerpts to discuss most easy and efficient way to correct this usability deficit, just throwing the idea out there to at min upload media based on oldest time stamp first by default because I imagine that would take the smallest amount of code change.