[FAQ] When will 12.0.1 be released?

Do i have to upgrade from 11.03 manually to 12.0.1 or can i upgrade via the updater app after some time?
Currently the upgrade can only be applied by setting the updater app to the beta channel and then theres an upgrade option to 12.0.1 RC5. Is that the last version of 12.0.1? RC5 is confusing me a little bit.

earlier in here someone said it will be possible to update directly from 11.0.3. to 12.0.1.
it looks as if 12.0.1. is close to be rolled out. maybe not today but sure enough within this week (my personal guess). (it has left stage of development as on today)

NC 12.0.1 is indeed out now, and I have successfully upgraded from 11.0.3 on 2 servers now following Upgrade Manually section of the documentation.

Yes, NC 12.0.1 is out :slight_smile:
https://nextcloud.com/changelog/
Just updated successfully :star_struck:

Yes it is released - online update is IMPOSSIBLE!

Being pushed do manual update!
What a shit!

Online update won t be avialable now. You have to wait some days if you want it

@hitam4450 it’s not a shit. It’s just how it goes. Some people who will do manual update can enconter a bug who may have to be fixed b efore releasing online update

OK! Its always like this !

Why so aggressive?
If you have problems then please assist with finding the root cause. Just complaining without any further information about the error messages or your server details won’t change anything.

The developers requested to test the latest RC versions for 12.0.1. Please feel free to take part in these tests.

While the updater worked for many users so far, it might be a configuration issue on your side. But without any details regarding the problem, we can’t help you.

Please be polite. The software is for free and I think we can be very happy to have this awesome software without paying a penny (except you bought support).

3 Likes

Well, when It stil was the Owncloud project, i suggested a change in the wording, which at that time made the situation clear and more understandable ! Since then , it is still gone again!

regards, hitam4450

As always we roll out updates in steps. We started with 15% this morning, then 1 hour ago we switched to 51% - https://github.com/nextcloud/updater_server/pull/72

If you really want to update now: run “cd updater && php updater.phar” as web server user. This will ignore the staged roll out. For the web UI we just want to wait for a little bit of feedback. :wink:

4 Likes