Fails to install on TrueNas12

Hello everyone
I’m trying to install NextCloud plugin first time on my TrueNAS-12.0-U7 and I’m getting following error at the end:
Error: Next_Cloud had a failure Exception: RuntimeError Message: pkg error: - nextcloud-php74 :,php74-pecl-imagick-im7 :,php74-bcmath :,php74-gmp :,php74-pcntl :,php74-pecl-redis : Refusing to fetch artifact and run post_install.sh! Partial plugin destroyed

I’ve tried to install with default settings also with custom ip settings none of it worked for me.
any ideas why I’m not able to install and run nextcloud plugin?
thanks

1 Like

For me, it looks like there was a problem to install the depending packages. Could be some network issues or with the packager. There are a few similar topics:
https://www.truenas.com/community/threads/unable-to-install-pkg-error-qbittorrent-nox-lang-python3.86357/

Question is a bit what version of TrueNAS (based on which FreeBSD version) are you using and are these packages still available. In the topic above, some suggest to try to update the list (pkg update && pkg upgrade), so perhaps some packages are not available any more or in a newer version.

Exactly same error for me yesterday too. Tested in several virtual machines created with Virtual Box and Hyper-V, newones and oldones where Nextcloud were already installed. Tested with TrueNAS 12.0 and TrueNAS 12.0 - U7.
Where I already installed Nextcloud pluging several times last week doing tests.

Probably something changed in the last update of NextCloud pluging for TrueNAS that broke the installation process.

Best Regards

Error: Next_Cloud had a failure Exception: RuntimeError Message: pkg error: - nextcloud-php74 :,php74-pecl-imagick-im7 :,php74-bcmath :,php74-gmp :,php74-pcntl :,php74-pecl-redis : Refusing to fetch artifact and run post_install.sh! Partial plugin destroyed

Can also confirm the issue.

The last update might have broken existing installations as well.
I actually ran into it by trying to reinstall Nextcloud after, following my upgrading all plugins, it became unavailable.

I can also confirm the issue, I have uninstalled the nextcloud plugin and tried to install it again but get the same error as above.
Now at least I know is not only me having the problem and will wait for a fix.

Who is doing the packages, are you using the packages from the FreeBSD freshports?
https://www.freshports.org/www/nextcloud/

Hi
thanks for reply, but I don’t understand version of what you want to know? as I stated I’m on latest TrueNAS-12.0-U7 version at the moment

here is console message while attempting to install plugin over again today:

Dec 29 11:12:11 truenas kernel: epair2a: Ethernet address: ***********
Dec 29 11:12:11 truenas kernel: epair2b: Ethernet address: ***********
Dec 29 11:12:11 truenas kernel: epair2a: link state changed to UP
Dec 29 11:12:11 truenas kernel: epair2b: link state changed to UP
Dec 29 11:12:11 truenas kernel: epair2a: changing name to ‘vnet0.5’
Dec 29 11:12:11 truenas kernel: epair2b: changing name to ‘epair0b’
Dec 29 11:12:11 truenas kernel: vnet0.5: promiscuous mode enabled
Dec 29 11:12:12 truenas kernel: lo0: link state changed to UP
Dec 29 11:12:18 truenas kernel: vnet0.5: link state changed to DOWN
Dec 29 11:12:18 truenas kernel: epair0b: link state changed to DOWN
Dec 29 11:12:18 truenas kernel: in6_purgeaddr: err=65, destination address delete failed
Dec 29 11:12:21 truenas kernel: epair2a: Ethernet address: *************
Dec 29 11:12:21 truenas kernel: epair2b: Ethernet address: *************
Dec 29 11:12:21 truenas kernel: epair2a: link state changed to UP
Dec 29 11:12:21 truenas kernel: epair2b: link state changed to UP
Dec 29 11:12:21 truenas kernel: epair2a: changing name to ‘vnet0.6’
Dec 29 11:12:21 truenas kernel: epair2b: changing name to ‘epair0b’
Dec 29 11:12:21 truenas kernel: vnet0.6: promiscuous mode enabled
Dec 29 11:12:22 truenas kernel: lo0: link state changed to UP
Dec 29 11:13:19 truenas kernel: vnet0.6: link state changed to DOWN
Dec 29 11:13:19 truenas kernel: epair0b: link state changed to DOWN
Dec 29 11:13:25 truenas kernel: in6_purgeaddr: err=65, destination address delete failed

I don’t know if it’s anything useful here, but I see it strange when it says link state changed to DOWN, is that means that it looses internet connection while installing?

Hello,
I’m having the same issue, would appreciate if anyone found a fix for this.

Same issue here, running latest version of TrueNAS.

This is not a solution, but an alternative.

Create a Jail, install Apache + PHP + MySQL and then NextCloud under apache.

By the way, I’m going to wait some days to see if they solve the problem with the plugin, if they don’t will intall it in that way.

same problem
Untitled

Does this continue all the time or just a bit in the beginning? Like this, I would suspect a bad contact of the network cable but not for so many users. Can you ping a host without packet loss?

There were some news this year that Nextcloud is officially supported (Nextcloud now officially supported on TrueNAS) by TrueNAS. I found a link to an installation description with a link to a contact where they invite you to contact them in case of problems: https://www.ixsystems.com/blog/nextcloud-and-truenas-collaborate-to-help-you-build-your-own-private-cloud/. So perhaps ask them nicely if they have ideas how to proceed.

They know perhaps a few more steps to investigate.

There is an opened threat for same issue in truenas.com

https://www.truenas.com/community/threads/nextcloud-wont-install.97773/

Hi
yes I can ping it without packet loss. it can’t be loose cable or bad cable I have 6 network cards aggregated so connection is solid.

Hello everyone
while waiting for plugin issue to be resolved I found somewhat easy solution to this.
I created linux virtual machine on my truenas, downloaded and installed ubuntu latest servers release (server not desktop version) which will offer to install nextcloud while installing ubuntu server. it needs little console knowledge, but you can install GUI if you have hard time using commands. all I did after installation was done ran following commands:1. sudo apt-get update 2. sudo apt-get upgrade 3. sudo reboot (at this point NextCloud was running successfully). if you still want GUI for your ubuntu you can do following command 4. sudo apt-get install kde-plasma-desktop or sudo apt-get install xubuntu-core or any your favorite GUI and reboot again.
to be hones I think I’d rather run this way now on then use plugin. hope this helps anyone having this issue.

Reporting the same issue here with regards to the failing to fetch artifact issue.

Another observation is that when the plugin index is refreshed (for iXsystems plugins) on the https://your.truenas.server.here/ui/plugins page, the Nextcloud plugin shows “Version: N/A” when it used to say “23.0.0”.

I upgraded to Version: TrueNAS-12.0-U7 but I am almost certain I saw the same issue on the previous release build (U6).

Can anyone please confirm this issue exists on that release version?

I can confirm that it also shows N/A on TrueNAS-12.0-U6.
It’s also quite a coincidence because I installed TrueNAS two days ago to try this specific NextCloud jail plugin just to find out that php7.4 was phased out…

1 Like

Running into the same issue.

Same issue here, is there a way of installing the previous version. Before the issue.

1 Like