Face recognition stopped (Recognize)

Hi,
I’m very new to Nextcloud so please excuse that I don’t know what I’m talking about.

Nextcloud version: 27.1.4
Operating system: Ubuntu 22.04
Apache or nginx version (eg, Apache 2.4.25): replace me
PHP version (eg, 7.4): replace me

Recognize tags objects fine, but it doesn’t detect faces.
I tried to recawl, but it didn’t start to detect new faces.

Face recognition is working.
Face recognition: 3441 Queued files, Last classification: 1 hour ago, Scheduled background jobs: 3, Last background job execution: 5 minutes ago
Face clustering: 9383 faces left to cluster, Last clustering run: 10/17/2023, Scheduled background jobs: 0,

The output of your Nextcloud log in Admin > Logging:

The nextcloud log shows an error while running the clustering job. Do you have the suspicious login app installed, per chance? The two apps are not compatible. If you want recognize to work, you’ll need to uninstall suspicious login.

I’m seeing similar on my instance. Recognize and suspicious login are both installed. That’s now default in hub7 right?

Recognize is not installed by default, as far as I know

Yea you’re right, I was reading a AI article this morning and thought they both were. Just the suspicious login is baked in.

So what’s the options if they don’t work well together? Can I disabled suspicious login detection once in a while to let face clustering run?

Can I disabled suspicious login detection once in a while to let face clustering run?

I don’t know if that’ll work.

My recommendation is to disable suspicious login

Thanks for the tip. I disabled suspicious login but the clustering still doesn’t start.

You’ll need to wait until the next face is classified, that will schedule a clustering job.
If you don’t want to wait, you can also run occ recognize:cluster-faces -b 10000 on the command line

1 Like

Disabling and manually running cluster-faces in terminal worked for me.

Thanks for the help, that solved my issue.

I have here a similar problem, and I have also users, which have only a few documents and no images to face recognize.

root@ncloud:~# sudo -u www-data php /var/www/nextcloud/occ recognize:cluster-faces -b 10000
Clustering face detections for user user1
ClusterDebug: Retrieving face detections for user user1
ClusterDebug: Not enough face detections found
Clustering face detections for user user2
ClusterDebug: Retrieving face detections for user user2
ClusterDebug: Not enough face detections found

user2 has no images and there a several users more.

I had this
Face recognition: 0 Queued files, Last classification: x hours ago, Scheduled background jobs: 0

Then I run
sudo -u www-data php /var/www/nextcloud/occ recognize:classify

Now:
Face recognition: 5910 Queued files, Last classification: 6 hours ago, Scheduled background jobs: 12,

Could somebody explain this to me? What is the criteria a for what to start? Maybe enhance the manual a little bit more :wink:

I tried this first

sudo -u www-data php /var/www/nextcloud/occ recognize:recrawl

but without success, or should I wait after that, until the next cronjob kicks in?

if you have scheduled jobs running recrawl usually doesn’t help.

Does this clear up things? Behind the scenes · nextcloud/recognize Wiki · GitHub

Do I have to start SchedulerJob or is this done by CronJob of Nextcloud?

I assume by classify you classify everything, faces, tags, landmarks, etc. Then you need to cluster faces to build the face collections for a user account, for what you need 120 faces at least.

Is there a way to clean everything up so it starts again?

Is there a debug mode, that tells me way classify etc. ist not started?

Is there a way to see, which files are classified and in a face cluster and which are not? At the moment I used a db query.

This topic was automatically closed 8 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.