External User Authentication not compatible with Nextcloud 28

I’ve been waiting on doing an upgrade to an instance of Nextcloud because there is not compatible version of External User Authentication released for Nextcloud 28. It looks like the fix has been applied and it was as simple as someone bumping up the max-version in the info.xml file. From what I understand and from what I can see that change hasn’t been released so my instance can’t be upgraded.

Here is the issue: Nextcloud 28 support · Issue #240 · nextcloud/user_external · GitHub

Can anyone help me figure out what needs to be done or who needs to be contacted to get this released? The big problem with this falling behind official releases is that it is a very useful app and it is also listed in the official documentation.

I’d hate for someone to decide that it should no longer be listed in the official docs because it isn’t getting updated along with the main releases. My hope is that the other side of the issue gets solved and it stays up to date.

Came to the forum to write this exact post so thanks for trying to get some attention here. With only 32 days to go for the release of Nextcloud 29 compatibility with that next version should also be on Nextclouds agenda IMHO.

1 Like

It is a really good feature to have as I’m able to allow authentication against my Samba4 domain controller and users don’t have to maintain different passwords for the two systems. And like I stated before, it’s in the documentation so it makes sense to update it with the core system.

1 Like

Is there an answer to this question or any kind of official response on this? It seems absurd that something as useful, important and officially documented as external_authentication could go this far into a Nextcloud release and not get an update.

How do we get the attention of someone who can answer this?

I’m incredibly grateful for the hard work that people put into Nextcloud and I have a very high level of respect for everyone involved, but to have something like this not even getting a response is…let’s just say not good.

What is the proper way to bring attention to this?

I see that the update was finally pushed out and I thank the person or people the were responsible for getting that done.