External storage - temporarily unavailable error

I can’t access once I add external storage.
I tried to add external storage. I have enabled “External Storage Support.” in the application menu.
I’m using this external storage from nextcloud 12.0.0. Installation of nextcloud and setting of external storage are done almost at the same time. I use nextcloud 12.0.2 now.

In the error dialog, “Storage is temporarily unavailable” is displayed. All servers used by external storage are the same server. Existing external storage can be used without problems.

When I look at the log in the management of Nextcloud, I get the following error.

The setting of external storage is set without problem and recognized.

Fatal webdav Sabre\DAV\Exception\ServiceUnavailable: Storage is temporarily not available
Error files_external Failed connect to EXTERNAL-SERVER-DOMAIN:80; Connection refused
Error no app in context Sabre\HTTP\ClientException: Failed connect to EXTERNAL-DOMAIN:80; Connection refused

I connect with WEBDAV and specify https://. Even if I reload the setting page, it is displayed correctly again, so the setting will be correctly registered. The green round icon is displayed.
Looking at the error contents of the above log, is it trying to connect with non-SSL? Is this the cause of the problem? I deleted this setting once and recreated it is in the same state.

About 3 hours passed in this state. Does this resolve the time?

Nextcloud version (eg, 10.0.2): 12.0.2
Operating system and version (eg, Ubuntu 16.04): CentOS 7.3
Apache or nginx version (eg, Apache 2.4.25): nginx 1.11.10
PHP version (eg, 5.6): 7.1.7

Recent log:

Fatal webdav Sabre\DAV\Exception\ServiceUnavailable: Storage is temporarily not available
Error	files_external	Failed connect to MYHOST:80; Connection refused
Error	no app in context	Sabre\HTTP\ClientException: Failed connect to MYHOST:80; Connection refused
Error	files_external	Sabre\HTTP\ClientException: Could not resolve host: MYUSERNAME; Name or service not known
Error	no app in context	OCP\Files\StorageNotAvailableException: Sabre\HTTP\ClientException: Could not resolve host: MYUSERNAME; Name or service not known

As ever, I can not connect to external storage with WebDAV, but I can connect with SFTP. It seems that it is not refused by the external server itself. If I try to connect to WebDAV directly to another server, I can connect and operate without problems. It seems to be problem if it passes via Nextcloud.

Another problem that occurred today may be the cause, but the setting of the external drive has to be reset.

I gave up the connection with WebDAV. Since I updated Nextcloud to 12.0.3, I tried connecting again with WebDAV. The result was not improved.

Fatal	webdav	Sabre\DAV\Exception\ServiceUnavailable: Storage is temporarily not available	
Error	files_external	Failed connect to EXTERNAL-SERVER:80; Connection refused
Error	no app in context	Sabre\HTTP\ClientException: Failed connect to EXTERNAL-SERVER:80; Connection refused	
Fatal	webdav	Sabre\DAV\Exception\ServiceUnavailable: Storage is temporarily not available	
Error	PHP	Narrowing occurred during type inference. Please file a bug report on bugs.php.net at /NEXTCLOUD-SERVER/lib/composer/composer/ClassLoader.php#444

This has not changed from before. External drives connected from the beginning(nc 12.0.0) can be connected without problems. There is a problem with the drive to be newly added.

1 Like

Do you still have this issue? I think I might have run into it over in External Storage: Empty WebDav Folder when it isn't actually empty

I was currently fixed at NC15 for some time. The following errors are rare now. However, there is no problem in use.

I understand that this has caused a temporary failure in the connection with the other server (SFTP connection), is it correct? This error is not every time but several times a day. I’m scared of WebDAV, so I avoid using it as much as possible. Do I have the same problem fundamentally?

[core] Error: Can't get app storage, app files_external, user not logged in

Hey, @zoo3!

• This error is consistent. I get it every time, without fail.
  • This error happens when I connect an external WebDAV server that is running WsgiDAV to Nextcloud via the external storage feature.
  • Your issue appears to be different. In my case, I don’t get that message you see aboutt he user not being logged in.