External storage app does not automatically reindex as files are uploaded to OMV share outside NextCloud

Stack summary: Running OMV6/NextCloud 24.0.0 installed via Docker/NGINX/Docker/Portainer on a RPI4. I have an external USB enclosure running 2x 4TB drives in Raid1 config. I have a share on OMV (on external drive) running on SMB/CIFS service. If I move a file to the share from my PC, I can view it in the folder on my PC but not in NextCloud. I cannot see the file uploaded from my PC to the share in NextCloud which is running the external storage app and is set up correctly. If I upload a file from NextCloud to the share, I can see the file in NextCloud and my PC. So to summarize, I can only see files in NextCloud that have been uploaded by NextCloud. If I view the share via my PC, I can see all the files regardless where they were uploaded from. The only way to see the files uploaded to the share outside of NextCloud is to run the command via SSH “sudo docker exec -ti --user www-data nextcloud_app_1 /var/www/html/occ files:scan --all”. Is there a way to auto reindex the files as they are uploaded so NextCloud files can see them automatically?

Nextcloud is designed to have full control of storage and doesn’t expect the files on the storage to change “without notice”. This is why occ files:scan is required to update the database to match storage contents…
I would recommend you adopt your workflow e.g. use Nextclouds WebDAV as network share to upload the files from your client or use the desktop client to sync the files to the server…

Thanks for the feedback. Unfortunately, NextCloud is installed on a RPI4 with flash storage, which is not dependable long term storage, hence the NAS config. NextCloud may just not be a good fit for me. Looks like Seacloud will sync automatically and is a better fit. Based on all the forums and comments across the interwebs, this is a common gripe amongst NextCloud users.