External storage access issue

Nextcloud version 24.0.3
Operating system and version CentOS v7.9.2009
Apache or nginx version Apache/2.4.54
PHP version 8.1.9
Mysql 10.3.36

The issue you are facing:

In the past I used to connect to a Synology NAS folder(s) using the External Storage app. I cannot seem to get it to work again from Nextcloud and I’m almost sure its not from the NAS side since I manage to connect to it perfectly well using software based apps such as cyberduck.
I use the same settings and login/password in the app and yet it still does not work. I’ve tried every variation of the path but none seem to work and can’t find the right structure anywhere

External Storage: WebDAV
Authentication : Username and password
URL: http://martingd.no-ip.org:5005
Subfolder: /homes/FoEMalta/test/
secure https:// NOT ticked

Is this the first time you’ve seen this error? N

The output of your Nextcloud log in Admin > Logging:

|Warning|no app in context|OCP\Files\StorageNotAvailableException: Sabre\HTTP\ClientException: Failed to connect to martingd.no-ip.org port 5005 after 1002 ms: Connection refused

1. /home/g2dweb/martingd/nextcloud/lib/private/Files/Storage/DAV.php - line 290:OC\Files\Storage\DAV->convertException(Sabre\HTTP\ClientException {}, “”)
  2. /home/g2dweb/martingd/nextcloud/lib/private/Files/Storage/DAV.php - line 585:OC\Files\Storage\DAV->propfind(“”)
  3. /home/g2dweb/martingd/nextcloud/lib/private/Files/Storage/Common.php - line 459:OC\Files\Storage\DAV->stat(“”)
  4. /home/g2dweb/martingd/nextcloud/apps/files_external/lib/MountConfig.php - line 131:OC\Files\Storage\Common->test(“*** sensiti … ", "** sensiti … *”)
  5. /home/g2dweb/martingd/nextcloud/apps/files_external/lib/Controller/StoragesController.php - line 288:OCA\Files_External\MountConfig::getBackendStatus(“*** sensiti … *”)
  6. /home/g2dweb/martingd/nextcloud/apps/files_external/lib/Controller/StoragesController.php - line 363:OCA\Files_External\Controller\StoragesController->updateStorageStatus(“*** sensiti … *”)
  7. /home/g2dweb/martingd/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Http/Dispatcher.php - line 225:OCA\Files_External\Controller\StoragesController->show(1, “*** sensiti … *”)
  8. /home/g2dweb/martingd/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Http/Dispatcher.php - line 133:OC\AppFramework\Http\Dispatcher->executeController(OCA\Files_Ex … {}, “show”)
  9. /home/g2dweb/martingd/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/App.php - line 172:OC\AppFramework\Http\Dispatcher->dispatch(OCA\Files_Ex … {}, “show”)
  10. /home/g2dweb/martingd/nextcloud/lib/private/Route/Router.php - line 298:OC\AppFramework\App::main(“OCA\Files_ … r”, “show”, OC\AppFramew … {}, [ “1”,"files … "])
  11. /home/g2dweb/martingd/nextcloud/lib/base.php - line 1023:OC\Route\Router->match(“/apps/files … 1”)
  12. /home/g2dweb/martingd/nextcloud/index.php - line 36:OC::handleRequest()|
    | — | — |

Any suggestions on where to look ?

Thanks!
Martin

:flushed:

Check that the address and port are actually reachable. Connection refused usually means you got a TCP reset flag from a closed port.