External mount points not working in browser after NC 12 upgrade (local filesystem mount of NFS share)

Nextcloud version: 12.0
Operating system and version: Ubuntu 16.04
Apache or nginx version: Apache 2.4.18
PHP version: 7.0.18
Is this the first time you’ve seen this error? Yes, happened after NC12 upgrade using NC12 web updater

Can you reliably replicate it? (If so, please outline steps):

1. Enable external files app
  2. Add a mount point type local, using a mounted NFS folder, leaving access for all
  3. Login to NC using browser
  4. Attempt to navigate to the folder

The issue you are facing:
When trying to navigate to the folder, the browser simply returns me to the top-level file display. The dev console of the browser shows an HTTP 404 response to a PROPFIND. Here’s an example URL that is returning 404:

https://myhost.com/cloudURL/remote.php/webdav/test/Videos

‘test’ in this case was the name I gave the mount point. This was mapped in NC to /media. I was able to navigate to that in the browser and it listed the 4 mounted folders there (are 4 are NFS shares). However when I try to navigate into the Videos folder the 404 occurs.

This setup was working fine before the NC12 upgrade, including the external mount points.

I don’t believe it is permission-based, because if I go into the gallery app in NC, I can browse the images stored in one of the mount points, meaning NC’s processes can access and read the mount points just fine. It is just the web browser that is having problems (tested on FF and Chrome, Linux and OSX).

The output of your Nextcloud log in Admin > Logging:
There are no errors related to this in the logs.

The output of your config.php file in /path/to/nextcloud (make sure you remove any identifiable information!):
‘instanceid’ => ‘REDACTED’,
‘passwordsalt’ => ‘REDACTED’,
‘secret’ => ‘REDACTED’,
‘trusted_domains’ =>
array (
0 => ‘REDACTED’,
1 => ‘REDACTED’,
2 => 'REDACTED,
),
‘datadirectory’ => ‘REDACTED’,
‘overwrite.cli.url’ => 'REDACTED,
‘dbtype’ => ‘mysql’,
‘version’ => ‘12.0.0.29’,
‘dbname’ => ‘REDACTED’,
‘dbhost’ => ‘localhost’,
‘dbtableprefix’ => ‘oc_’,
‘dbuser’ => ‘REDACTED’,
‘dbpassword’ => ‘REDACTED’,
‘logtimezone’ => ‘UTC’,
‘installed’ => true,
‘mail_from_address’ => ‘REDACTED’,
‘mail_smtpmode’ => ‘php’,
‘mail_domain’ => 'REDACTED,
‘updater.release.channel’ => ‘stable’,
‘maintenance’ => false,
‘loglevel’ => 2,
‘theme’ => ‘’,
);

The output of your Apache/nginx/system log in /var/log/____:
I’m not seeing Apache errors related to this.

Did a reinstall of NC12 for other reasons, but am still seeing this issue.

I’ve ruled out permission issues, because I can navigate through the files just fine using the Gallery app. It is just the Files app and the mobile apps that are unable to navigate into the external folders.

Any hints/ideas?

Upgrading to 12.0.2 from 12.0.0 seems to have resolved this issue. Part of the upgrade required that I change my /var/www/nextcloud/* to be owned by www-data, rather than just grouped as www-data. Not sure if that is related. But now Files app can access and view NFS-mapped folders.