External Hard Drive Mount

I am attempting to attach a USB External hard drive to my Raspberry Pi with Ubuntu Core and Next Cloud. I have tried 2 different hard drives with both being partitioned NTFS, Fat32 and Ext4. I have mounted the drive using the command sudo mount /dev/sda1 /media/localdrive and am able to copy and move files to the drive from the command line. When I access the Raspberry Pi with the browser I am able to see the localdrive but when I try to move or copy a files to it I receive a error say "Could not move or error uploading. Following is a copy of what I receive in the log under admin.
Thanks for any help!!

So you data directory of NC is on /media/localdrive? Is this folder accessible by www-data (sudo -u www-data ls -lisa /media/localdrive)? Regarding the file system, if you use this disk only for NC on a LInux system, I would prefer ext4.

I had not used that command. I inputted it and still have the same trouble. The drive I am using now is formatted ext4. I am including the log with this message. Thank You for the help.

Log

Error PHP fopen(/media/100716.log): failed to open stream: Permission denied at /snap/nextcloud/173/htdocs/lib/private/Files/Storage/Local.php#274 2016-12-10T13:21:16+00:00 DennisCloud
Error PHP fclose() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given at /snap/nextcloud/173/htdocs/lib/private/Files/Storage/Wrapper/Encryption.php#747 2016-12-10T13:20:48+00:00 DennisCloud
Error PHP fopen(/media/Nextcloud Manual.pdf): failed to open stream: Permission denied at /snap/nextcloud/173/htdocs/lib/private/Files/Storage/Local.php#274 2016-12-10T13:20:48+00:00 DennisCloud
Error PHP opendir(/media/): failed to open dir: Permission denied at /snap/nextcloud/173/htdocs/lib/private/Files/Storage/Local.php#112 2016-12-09T18:57:39+00:00 DennisCloud
Fatal webdav Exception: {ā€œMessageā€:ā€œHTTP/1.1 500 Could not write file contentsā€,ā€œExceptionā€:ā€œSabre\DAV\Exceptionā€,ā€œCodeā€:0,ā€œTraceā€:"#0 /snap/nextcloud/173/htdocs/apps/dav/lib/Connector/Sabre/Directory.php(137): OCA\DAV\Connector\Sabre\File->put(Resource id #459)\n#1 /snap/nextcloud/173/htdocs/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/Server.php(1036): OCA\DAV\Connector\Sabre\Directory->createFile(ā€˜100716.logā€™, Resource id #459)\n#2 /snap/nextcloud/173/htdocs/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/CorePlugin.php(523): Sabre\DAV\Server->createFile(ā€˜localdrive/1007ā€¦ā€™, Resource id #459, NULL)\n#3 [internal function]: Sabre\DAV\CorePlugin->httpPut(Object(Sabre\HTTP\Request), Object(Sabre\HTTP\Response))\n#4 /snap/nextcloud/173/htdocs/3rdparty/sabre/event/lib/EventEmitterTrait.php(105): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)\n#5 /snap/nextcloud/173/htdocs/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/Server.php(459): Sabre\Event\EventEmitter->emit(ā€˜method:PUTā€™, Array)\n#6 /snap/nextcloud/173/htdocs/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/Server.php(248): Sabre\DAV\Server->invokeMethod(Object(Sabre\HTTP\Request), Object(Sabre\HTTP\Response))\n#7 /snap/nextcloud/173/htdocs/apps/dav/appinfo/v1/webdav.php(60): Sabre\DAV\Server->exec()\n#8 /snap/nextcloud/173/htdocs/remote.php(165): require_once(ā€™/snap/nextcloudā€¦ā€™)\n#9 {main}",ā€œFileā€:"/snap/nextcloud/173/htdocs/apps/dav/lib/Connector/Sabre/File.php",ā€œLineā€:131,ā€œUserā€:ā€œDennisCloudā€}

Such errors are best to be reported directly to the bugtracker.

Is the /media folder as well readable by the webserver user? Iā€™m not sure if snappy creates a jail? @oparoz

Can you tell me how to report it to bugtracker?