External Access through Nextcloud?

Iā€™m sure this has been asked before but Iā€™m at my wits end about how to troubleshoot my Nextcloud configuration. I can access my login page and nextcloud fine using localhost/nextcloud, and using my privateip/nextcloud. However, when I try to access outside the network using publicip/nextcloud, it just sits there loading in the browser but never connects, and some times it errors out with server took too long to respond. The hosting device in question has internet, and Iā€™ve already port forwarded 80 and 443. Iā€™ve even tried other ports that direct to 80 and 443 in case isp is blocking those ports, but to no avail. I am at a loss about what to do now. Any suggestions?

A couple things you can try:

create a test.php in your nextcloud folder with these contents:

<?php echo "Hello world!"; ?>

Then try publicip/nextcloud/test.php

If you get it, then it eliminates port forwarding as being your issue. The other thing is thereā€™s a trusted domains array and I have had to specify my IP address in there before. However, your public ip address will highly likely change from time to time unless youā€™re paying for a static IP. If not, then you should consider setting up a domain name on your server with something like DuckDNS which will help you find your server via a domain name if/when your IP address changes

Thanks for the response. I think I figured it out. I was trying to use public up when connecting internally and it didnā€™t work. Butā€¦ once I turned off ā€œNAT-boostā€ it let me through. My guess is NAT-Loopback got turned off on the router, and once I turned off NAT-Boost, it enables NAT-Loopback. That would explain why port forwarding changes didnā€™t fix it, NAT-Loopback stopped it from even reaching the outer ip!