Experience with IONOS managed Nextcloud

Hi, I have a new “managed Nextcloud” with IONIS. Not a managed server with nextcloud, but a completely managed nextcloud. So no updates etc. just using nextcloud.
Sounds great.

Installation was easy.
I found two issues.
Collabora Office doesn´t work (server and app can be installed, but it just doesn´t work (see Collabora on IONOS managed server)
Only Office doesn´t work ether. The community server cannot be installed.

There is no support for installed apps and with not beeing admin you cannot do anything.
As of 9. July 2021 the run V20.

I am disappointed, but if you only need basic nextcloud features this might be a good alternative.
btw. you pay 6-20€ per month depending on space and speed.
It is a gamble to see if an app is running or not. There is no documentation about anything except the wonderful IONOS products.

Are there any other experiences with IONOS managed Nextcloud?

thank you
Udo

Why don’t you get a bottom rung AWS? Then you can run NC with anything you like on it.

I set it up for a sports club. There is nobody with admin skills.
Managing nextcloud is more than enough.
And this is the idea of a managed system.
My issue with the ionos solution is, that you enver know what you gonna get. If they tell you “this app is not running” etc. then you can decide if the solution is for you. But now it´s a surprise package.

The one-size-fits-all approach… Looks like this is the only way for them to make money…

Considering how many issues GitHub lists with NC apps, I’m not surprised they try to avoid them