Exiftool failed test: failed to run exiftool: perl /nextcloud/apps/memories/bin-ext/exiftool/exiftool -ver

Support intro

Sorry to hear you’re facing problems :slightly_frowning_face:

help.nextcloud.com is for home/non-enterprise users. If you’re running a business, paid support can be accessed via portal.nextcloud.com where we can ensure your business keeps running smoothly.

In order to help you as quickly as possible, before clicking Create Topic please provide as much of the below as you can. Feel free to use a pastebin service for logs, otherwise either indent short log examples with four spaces:

example

Or for longer, use three backticks above and below the code snippet:

longer
example
here

Some or all of the below information will be requested if it isn’t supplied; for fastest response please provide as much as you can :heart:

Nextcloud version (eg, 20.0.5): 28.0.1
Operating system and version (eg, Ubuntu 20.04): FreeBSD 14.0-RELEASE-p4
Apache or nginx version (eg, Apache 2.4.25): Apache/2.4.58
PHP version (eg, 7.4): 8.1.27

I’m trying to install Memories add-ons.
I had to specify in config.php the path of exiftool :

'memories.exiftool' => '/usr/local/bin/exiftool',

and then I had this error :

exiftool failed test: failed to run exiftool: perl /nextcloud/apps/memories/bin-ext/exiftool/exiftool -ver

but if i execute the command directly in shell its works (getting “12.70” as result), someone know what is the problem?

1 Like

Do you have perl installed?

yes, I have perl install and its also seems to not detect it:

perl 5, version 36, subversion 3 (v5.36.3) built for amd64-freebsd-thread-multi

Things to check:

• Is shell_exec() disabled in your PHP environment?
  • Does the output of which perl from your shell command-line look reasonable?
  • Check your Nextcloud Server log; there may be some more exceptions or errors from PHP from the binary checks

There is no disable_functions in my php.ini
the output of perl seems reasonable if i execute it directly in shell :

and i dont find any error in /var/log/nextcloud/nextcloud.log

The output of this command specifically. It’s what memories uses to find the perl binary path.

Untitled34