Exception when running cache gc: This request is not allowed to access the filesystem

Hi,

i get the same warning every some minutes since some weeks.
didnt have cache enabled before, changed to redis, didn’t change anything.

my nexcloud instance is on a shared host (@ uberspace.de)

Nextcloud version : 11.0.1
Operating system and version : CentOS 6 (i think so, could also be 5 or 7)
Apache or nginx version : Apache 2.2
PHP version : 5.6.21
Is this the first time you’ve seen this error and can you replicate it?:
happens every some minutes since i migrated from owncloud some weeks ago

The output of your Nextcloud log in Admin > Logging:

Warning core Exception when running cache gc: This request is not allowed to access the filesystem 2017-02-02T12:44:02+0100
Warning core Exception when running cache gc: This request is not allowed to access the filesystem 2017-02-02T12:43:51+0100
Warning core Exception when running cache gc: This request is not allowed to access the filesystem 2017-02-02T12:43:50+0100
Warning core Exception when running cache gc: This request is not allowed to access the filesystem 2017-02-02T12:42:22+0100
Warning core Exception when running cache gc: This request is not allowed to access the filesystem 2017-02-02T12:42:21+0100

The output of your config.php file in /path/to/nextcloud (make sure you remove any identifiable information!):

<?php $CONFIG = array ( 'instanceid' => 'xxx', 'passwordsalt' => 'xxx', 'secret' => 'xxx', 'trusted_domains' => array ( 0 => 'xxx', 1 => 'xxx', 2 => 'xxx', 3 => 'xxx', ), 'datadirectory' => '/home/USER/oc_data', 'overwrite.cli.url' => 'https://xxx', 'dbtype' => 'mysql', 'version' => '11.0.1.2', 'installed' => true, 'filelocking.enabled' => 'true', 'memcache.locking' => '\OC\Memcache\Redis', 'memcache.local' => '\OC\Memcache\Redis', 'redis' => array( 'host' => '/home/USER/.redis/sock', 'port' => 0, ), 'forcessl' => true, 'forceSSLforSubdomains' => true, 'theme' => '', 'maintenance' => false, 'appstore.experimental.enabled' => true, 'loglevel' => 2, 'dbname' => 'xxx', 'dbhost' => '127.0.0.1', 'dbuser' => 'xxx', 'dbpassword' => 'xxx', 'trashbin_retention_obligation' => 'auto', 'htaccess.RewriteBase' => '/', 'mail_smtpmode' => 'smtp', 'mail_smtpsecure' => 'tls', 'mail_from_address' => 'xxx', 'mail_domain' => 'xxx', 'mail_smtpauthtype' => 'LOGIN', 'mail_smtpauth' => 1, 'mail_smtphost' => 'xxx', 'mail_smtpport' => '587', 'mail_smtpname' => 'xxx', 'mail_smtppassword' => 'xxx', 'filesystem_check_changes' => 1, ); thanx in advance!

Do you use app passwords? I got these warnings too, but they disappeared after I disabled the option to prohibit filesystem access (i.e I changed it back to the default value).

I’ve the same problem. I worked only in the app “contacts” and get this error every time by do an action.

Any news here? What exactly is the path it cannot access? (This is not clear from the error message, so I cannot check the permissions…)

The error is shown every day in my instance… I don’t know why

I get the error from the calendar app. My Client uses an application key without Filesystem access, because I thought that calendar does not use it