Euro Office errors on opening modern MS Office documents (with the X behind)

When I open a document like odt, doc, xls and all, I have no issues.
Soon as I open a docx, xlsx (modern M$ Office) it shows this error:

It opens following browser preference and not my nextcloud users preference, but it roughly translates into document cannot be stored, Check your connection settings.. bladibla..
Then on OK i can download the document and it appears to open.

But it happens on the X document only.

Anyone with an idea as I cannot find anything. And after asking the various AI for ideas, it becomes only more confusing.

And while we are at it.. anyone knows how to force EuroOffice to following user language settings instead of browser preference?

i personally don’t run Eurooffice myself, yet but I was told that it might have certain compatibility-problems with M$-defined formats (like docx, xlsx, etc).

For me that’s a show-stopper. But I was told as well that the dev-team is working on that with a quite high priority.

But that was all 2nd and 3rd-hand informations… so I can’t guarantee for this information.

but anyways, your problem could relate to something else, as well. I dunno. So let’s wait what your inquiry will bring up here.

Thus all these AI tools advised me to make tons of changes to the config.php of NextCloud, made me make changes to the PHP ini, to the nginx, to the local.json of EuroOffice

Right so.. this is what is was causing. The built in node.js that is doing magic things on the modern MS Office stuff (with the X).

My setup is behind a reverse proxy (nginx) on IP xxx.xxx.xxx.001
My nextcloud, on a vhost in Virtualmin on IP xxx.xxx.xxx.002
My eurooffice (no docker!) on IP xxx.xxx.xxx.003

Now in the hosts of nextcloud I had eurooffice point to the nginx reverse proxy IP
In eurooffice I had nextcloud point to the nginx reverse proxy IP

so in both servers hosts file (on debian “/etc/hosts”)

xxx.xxx.xxx.001 ``nextcloud.domain.com`` ``eurooffice.domain.com

Then in the admin settings of the NextCloud EuroOffice app.

Nextcloud Office address: https://euroffice.domain.com
Do not disable certificate verification
Secret Key: The key you got when installing EuroOffice document server

Advanced server settings:
Authorization header: Authorization (default or whatever you decided)
NextCloud Office address for internal requests from the server: http://xxx.xxx.xxx.003/ (*)
Server address for internal requests from Nextcloud Office: https://nextcloud.domain.com

(*) as the hostname in hosts directs to the reverse proxy

Some thoughts; the description of the configuration fields in the NextCloud Office app, leave too much room for misinterpretation. The routing leaves room for a lot of improvement. http/s:// IP addresses, hostnames…
And I needed following added in my nginx reverse proxy to shutdown the welcome page from the eurooffice server.

in my listen .. :443 block:

location /welcome {
return 404;
}

Hope this helps the next one

You can specify which file formats can be opened in the administrator settings under Nextcloud Office. Perhaps the file format is not enabled.

Ha, no that was all enabled.. the issue came from the document convertor being picky about the routing when it comes to the X-files (the modern MS Office with the x).
Tweaking the routing as inm y previous comment did the thing.

This is not a docker install.