Error with PHP7 module cURL

Hi guys.

I have a box with CentOS 7 installed and with PHP7 installed with ius repository. I have NextCloud 10.0.1 and it was working fine some days ago but now when I try to connect know using the web interface, I got the following error:

PHP module cURL not installed.
Please ask your server administrator to install the module.

PHP modules have been installed, but they are still listed as missing
Please ask your server administrator to restart the web server.

I have restarted the server to no avail, and when I execute “php -m” on the command line to see which modules I do have installed and loaded, I can see curl module in there.

Does anyone have this similar error? If so, does someone been able to fix it?

Thanks a lot to all.

Kind regards,

Nacho

PHP module cURL not installed.

Why not simply read the message :D?

Hi Bernhard,

Yes, I have read the meesage, and I understand that the system does not see the PHP Curl module installed, but as I have stated on the original post, when I execute “php -m” on the command line to see which modules I do have installed and loaded, I can see curl module in there.

I have the curl module installed on the system, that’s not the problem. The problem is that Nextcloud does not recognises it.

You can have more than one php.ini files on your server. While it can be enabled for your CLI it can also be turned off for your server

I have just found the problem. I searched for the php.ini as you suggested, but I only had one in all the server. Then I reviewed the http logs and I was having a lot of errores like this one

[Mon Nov 21 01:36:37.121858 2016] [:error] [pid 2780] [client X.X.X.X:64065] {“reqId”:“XXXXXXXXXXXXXX”,“remoteAddr”:“X.X.X.X”,“app”:“PHP”,“message”:“PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library ‘\/usr\/lib64\/php\/modules\/curl.so’ - \/usr\/lib64\/php\/modules\/curl.so: undefined symbol: zend_unset_property at Unknown#0”,“level”:3,“time”:“2016-11-21T00:36:37+00:00”,“method”:“GET”,“url”:“\/nextcloud\/index.php”,“user”:“–”,“version”:“”}

I uninstalled php 7.0ius and I have installed php 5.4 standard. Now, nextcloud is working, php-curl is OK and loading the page without problem.

Tomorrow I will work on update the php to 5.5 at least to have phpmyadmin working.

Looks like you are missing the curl library for php 7

By installing curl library for php 7, solved everything

sudo apt-get install php7.0-curl

Then restarted apache.