Error updating event participation by invited attendees in calendar

Hello,
when people I invite to a meeting click on the lin to accept or decline the invitation, they land to a page that says
“An error occurred while updating the status of your participation.
Please contact the administrator directly.” (translation from italian…)

any hints on how to solve this issue ?
thanks!

I think it would be a good starter to tell us which OS, software versions etc., etc. you are using. It would also worse to check if the Nextcloud log file shows any information related to this action or what exact URL is being called.

Thanks
I am running Ubuntu 18.04.2 LTS, mySQL 5.7.26, PHP 7.2.17, Apache/2.4.29, Nextcloud 15.0.5

URL is https://[myserver]/index.php/apps/dav/invitation/accept/ohp3Doc6ce9zNkPHxxqdWVuFZcW82stXz7s5AQG5KkbvQuGF6EwfSWkGDiyb

A similar problem has been solved by making sure that each user uses his individual email address, as described here:

Nevertheless an open issue still exists which is related to shared calendar invitations:

unfortunately this is not the case on my side.
each of my users has a specific, different email address.

1 Like

I have the same problem with one user, other users are working, and yes the Email is unique and o, the affected calendar is not shared …

Nextcloud 15.0.8

Thanks for help

Wolfgang

1 Like

Same problem here.
Obviously, on an instance where sharing is limited to groups, you can see this error.
As soon as sharing is no longer limited to groups, the confirmation also works.
The possibility to invite someone to a calender event should be possible even if sharing ist limited to groups.

I have exactly the same problem.
I can add users to the calendar and invite them, except for one specific user. This user has had a lot of issues connecting to her account, so I had to recreate the user twice. However, in the user list she appears only once. Now, when I try to invite this user to an event, it never works.

When I add the user to the event, then click update, this file is being sent in an Ajax request:
https://example.org/remote.php/dav/calendars/Admin/personal/FC5D89A9-771B-4D48-8804-3E73CE69190B.ics

But the request returns a 404.
When I download that ICS file, I don’t see the name of my attendee in there, but only the names of the other attendees, that I had added previously to the event.

In the JS console of my browser I see a JS error:
vue.runtime.esm.js:1888 Error
at XMLHttpRequest.n.value.regeneratorRuntime.mark.regeneratorRuntime.wrap.e.abrupt.a.onreadystatechange (request.js:353)

I see on that line that the error is NetworkRequestClientError, which seems to be indicating a 404 for the XHR request using the .ics file. But why is this .ics resulting in a 404, while it does not happen when I add other attendees, stays obscure to me.

Is there a way to get more precise errors?

I read in this thread that the issue might be linked to non unique email addresses. Therefore, I tried to change this user’s address to another email address. But I get the same error. Same if I try to change her username.

I tried to recreate the user: the problem persists. But I can still invite every other user to the event… :confounded:

Usernames have no spaces or other weird issues.
Sending notification emails is activated in settings.
Sending notification emails works as intended for every other user invited to the event.

I’m using NextCloud 19.0.3 and Calendar 2.04.

Initial settings:
- AppVersion: 2.0.4
- EventLimit: true
- FirstRun: true
- ShowWeekNumbers: false
- ShowTasks: true
- ShowWeekends: true
- SkipPopover: false
- SlotDuration: 00:30:00
- TalkEnabled: true
- TasksEnabled: false
- Timezone: automatic

Actually, I found my mistake. My username did have a space. It’s a bit strange UX in NC’s user management, that the username can contain spaces and capital letters and therefore it was mixed up with the display name. Nevermind! :slight_smile: