Error transferring server replied: Forbidden

HI all
When I try upload files (small files .csv, .doc etc) with web or Windows app, the error message is:
Nextcloud,The item is not synced because of previous errors: Error transferring server replied: Forbidden
Ideas?

You’ve not provided any information about your environment, logs, what you’ve changed recently (if anything) or anything else. There’s a support template when you create a new support topic that’s very useful if you need help with an issue :thumbsup:

Hi Jason
Could you please check the logs?

1.- apache
[Mon Jun 05 10:33:27 2017] [error] [client 190.152.46.67] client denied by server configuration: /home/tgaudit/public_html/drive.tgaudit.com/remote.php, referer: http://drive.tgaudit.com/index.php/apps/files/?dir=/Documents&fileid=39
[Mon Jun 05 10:32:47 2017] [error] [client 190.152.46.67] client denied by server configuration: /home/tgaudit/public_html/drive.tgaudit.com/index.php, referer: http://drive.tgaudit.com/index.php/apps/files/?dir=/&fileid=37

2.- log next cloud
Nothing about error

{“reqId”:“WTVpsRdbRpMAC711TNIAAAAB”,“level”:3,“time”:“2017-06-05T14:24:50+00:00”,“remoteAddr”:“190.152.46.67”,“user”:“admin”,“app”:“PHP”,“method”:“POST”,“url”:"/index.php/contactsmenu/contacts",“message”:“Automatically populating $HTTP_RAW_POST_DATA is deprecated and will be removed in a future version. To avoid this warning set ‘always_populate_raw_post_data’ to ‘-1’ in php.ini and use the php://input stream instead. at Unknown#0”,“userAgent”:“Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/7.0; rv:11.0) like Gecko”,“version”:“12.0.0.29”}

Has this ever worked? I never normally see webroot in /home/

What’s your distribution?
I’d assume Apache doesn’t have permission to access your home directory personally; on Ubuntu at least there’s a whole process for making it not fail relentlessly.

. Ok thanks a will check apache access. just dont work upload files. this server is a shared hosting server (site5)

Where is the location for the user data folders ? Must be under apache public_html?

If it’s shared hosting they’ve probably got it worked out. Did you install NC or did they just provide you logon to one they spun up? data by default is /path/to/nextcloud/data - I can’t tell you where it is on your system, but it’ll be in the webroot I expect.

yes it is.
thanks a lot of, for you help

all the best

bad news
re opening
the folder nextclouddata (under public_html) have all privileges ( apache user) but the web or local Windows client can not upload any file the message forbidder persist,

ideas?

thanks