Error PHP unlink(/upload_tmp/oc_tmp_gjZSxU): No such file or directory at /var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Preview/Movie.php#111

Hi,
I have the latest version of Nextcloud with Ubuntu 16.04 and I do get this error messages from time to time, what is it?
Error PHP unlink(/upload_tmp/oc_tmp_gjZSxU): No such file or directory at /var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Preview/Movie.php#111

Can I somehow fix it? The only thing that’s are different in the messages are the *_qjZSxU

1 Like

I am in the same case

Nextcloud 13.0.4
Nginx 1.15

Hello,

I am also in the same case.

Nextcloud 13.0.4
nginx 1.10.3

Can you give a bit more details? Is it just on video files? Are these large files? If you create new files of the same type and size, does it always show this error or only sometimes? Directly after upload or after a cronjob is run?

Same here, Only video files. Not sure how to reproduce this error as I’ve just noticed it and doesn’t give details on what file it happened. The video files were various in size, all 1080p, mp4 (h.264 and HEVC), webm (VP9). They are on local storage (not inside user folder), read only access, uploaded outside Nextcloud. Error appeared after web access the files, not sure if only the little preview generated or actually tried to play the video. I’ll keen an eye on it.

Nextcloud 13.0.6
Apache PHP 7.2.7

Same problem: nginx + nextcloud 15.0.5

Not sure how to debug the problem

Same issue on my installation version 17.0.0 on Debian 10.
The installation was done with this shell script: https://www.c-rieger.de/nextcloud-using-one-shell-script/

I just openend the preview and got the following errors.
unlink(/tmp/oc_tmp_n5bleE): No such file or directory at /var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Preview/Movie.php#98

Have u solved this issue?
Are you using server encryption?

I have same problem…

Fixed with Nextcloud 18: https://github.com/nextcloud/server/pull/17759

Well, indeed it has been fixed, but my old videos still have not thumbnails…
Is it any way to recreate all thumbnails?

If i delete /data/appdata/preview, then i have errors in logs, that previews are missing.

up.
Any ideas?

Wasn’t there a occ command to generate thumbnails?

There is command, but only for Preview Generator app, which doesn’t work when encryption is on.

What if you disable the app and delete all the preview files? Then it somehow must recreate previews.

App is NOT working with encrypted nextcloud.

When i manualy delete this thumbnails from preview folder, i have this errors:

Error PHP filesize(): stat failed for /var/nc_data/appdata_ocfgyegpo5dd/preview/51013/256-256-crop.jpg at /var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Files/Storage/Local.php#170

Error PHP stat(): stat failed for /var/nc_data/appdata_ocfgyegpo5dd/preview/51013/256-256-crop.jpg at /var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Files/Storage/Local.php#144

Error PHP file_get_contents(/var/nc_data/appdata_ocfgyegpo5dd/preview/51013/256-256-crop.jpg): failed to open stream: No such file or directory at /var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Files/Storage/Local.php#218

files:scan-app-data

If manual changes to appdata are not recognized try the above command to scan appdata again.