Error in log Doctrine DBAL Exception DriverException

Hello guys, good day.

im having the below issue on my logs in NC16 after updating the mysql to accept emojis.

Does anybody know how to get this fixed?

its creating a bunch of entries and the log is getting quite big with these same errors over and over.

Doctrine\DBAL\Exception\DriverException: An exception occurred while executing ‘SELECT * FROM oc_comments WHERE (message COLLATE utf8mb4_general_ci LIKE ?) AND (object_type = ?) ORDER BY creation_timestamp DESC, id DESC LIMIT 100’ with params ["%%", “files”]: SQLSTATE[42000]: Syntax error or access violation: 1253 COLLATION ‘utf8mb4_general_ci’ is not valid for CHARACTER SET ‘utf8’

Thanks for any advice!

anyone having this issue?

Regards!

i tried updating to 16.0.2 and now im getting the following and cant finisth the update:

Doctrine\DBAL\Exception\DriverException: An exception occurred while executing ‘ALTER TABLE oc_addressbooks CONVERT TO CHARACTER SET utf8mb4 COLLATE utf8mb4_bin;’: SQLSTATE[42000]: Syntax error or access violation: 1071 Specified key was too long; max key length is 767 bytes

anyone having this issue?

Hi @Dridhas,

I’m having this issue too. I noticed it when searching for a user to share a file with. Did you ever get this resolved?

Thank you.

Please make sure that you have the MySQL 4-byte support enabled, as described here:

https://docs.nextcloud.com/server/16/admin_manual/configuration_database/mysql_4byte_support.html?highlight=byte#enabling-mysql-4-byte-support