Error Fulltextsearch Version 20

@Cult @all

Nextcloud Docker 20.02
Elasticsearch 7.10
AMD Ryzen 5 3600
RAID 10, 5 TB
32 GB RAM

Yesterday I updated the updates for the apps for full text search, i.e. to version 20.

First, I uninstalled the old version and then installed the new version.

So far, Fulltextsearch has been reasonably stable. Unfortunately, Fulltextsearch has not worked or not properly since the update. Unfortunately, the following error message is displayed. Unfortunately, due to a lack of sufficient knowledge, I cannot do so much with this message and therefore do not know where to start.

An unhandled exception has been thrown:
TypeError: Argument 1 passed to OCA\Files_FullTextSearch\Service\FilesService::manageContentErrorException() must implement interface OCP\FullTextSearch\Model\IIndexDocument, string given, called in /var/www/html/custom_apps/files_fulltextsearch/lib/Service/FilesService.php on line 716 and defined in /var/www/html/custom_apps/files_fulltextsearch/lib/Service/FilesService.php:1093
Stack trace:
#0 /var/www/html/custom_apps/files_fulltextsearch/lib/Service/FilesService.php(716): OCA\Files_FullTextSearch\Service\FilesService->manageContentErrorException(’*** sensitive p…’, Object(Error))
#1 /var/www/html/custom_apps/files_fulltextsearch/lib/Service/FilesService.php(658): OCA\Files_FullTextSearch\Service\FilesService->updateContentFromFile(’*** sensitive p…’, Object(OC\Files\Node\File))
#2 /var/www/html/custom_apps/files_fulltextsearch/lib/Service/FilesService.php(638): OCA\Files_FullTextSearch\Service\FilesService->updateFilesDocumentFromFile(Object(OCA\Files_FullTextSearch\Model\FilesDocument), Object(OC\Files\Node\File))
#3 /var/www/html/custom_apps/files_fulltextsearch/lib/Service/FilesService.php(529): OCA\Files_FullTextSearch\Service\FilesService->updateFilesDocument(Object(OCA\Files_FullTextSearch\Model\FilesDocument))
#4 /var/www/html/custom_apps/files_fulltextsearch/lib/Provider/FilesProvider.php(268): OCA\Files_FullTextSearch\Service\FilesService->generateDocument(Object(OCA\Files_FullTextSearch\Model\FilesDocument))
#5 /var/www/html/custom_apps/fulltextsearch/lib/Service/IndexService.php(317): OCA\Files_FullTextSearch\Provider\FilesProvider->fillIndexDocument(Object(OCA\Files_FullTextSearch\Model\FilesDocument))
#6 /var/www/html/custom_apps/fulltextsearch/lib/Service/IndexService.php(204): OCA\FullTextSearch\Service\IndexService->indexDocuments(Object(OCA\FullTextSearch_Elasticsearch\Platform\ElasticSearchPlatform), Object(OCA\Files_FullTextSearch\Provider\FilesProvider), Array, Object(OCA\FullTextSearch\Model\IndexOptions))
#7 /var/www/html/custom_apps/fulltextsearch/lib/Command/Index.php(410): OCA\FullTextSearch\Service\IndexService->indexProviderContentFromUser(Object(OCA\FullTextSearch_Elasticsearch\Platform\ElasticSearchPlatform), Object(OCA\Files_FullTextSearch\Provider\FilesProvider), ‘admin’, Object(OCA\FullTextSearch\Model\IndexOptions))
#8 /var/www/html/custom_apps/fulltextsearch/lib/Command/Index.php(273): OCA\FullTextSearch\Command\Index->indexProvider(Object(OCA\Files_FullTextSearch\Provider\FilesProvider), Object(OCA\FullTextSearch\Model\IndexOptions))
#9 /var/www/html/3rdparty/symfony/console/Command/Command.php(255): OCA\FullTextSearch\Command\Index->execute(Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Input\ArgvInput), Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Output\ConsoleOutput))
#10 /var/www/html/core/Command/Base.php(169): Symfony\Component\Console\Command\Command->run(Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Input\ArgvInput), Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Output\ConsoleOutput))
#11 /var/www/html/3rdparty/symfony/console/Application.php(1000): OC\Core\Command\Base->run(Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Input\ArgvInput), Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Output\ConsoleOutput))
#12 /var/www/html/3rdparty/symfony/console/Application.php(271): Symfony\Component\Console\Application->doRunCommand(Object(OCA\FullTextSearch\Command\Index), Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Input\ArgvInput), Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Output\ConsoleOutput))
#13 /var/www/html/3rdparty/symfony/console/Application.php(147): Symfony\Component\Console\Application->doRun(Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Input\ArgvInput), Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Output\ConsoleOutput))
#14 /var/www/html/lib/private/Console/Application.php(215): Symfony\Component\Console\Application->run(Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Input\ArgvInput), Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Output\ConsoleOutput))
#15 /var/www/html/console.php(100): OC\Console\Application->run()
#16 /var/www/html/occ(11): require_once(’/var/www/html/c…’)
However, since I very often need full-text search for my extensive PDF, a brief hint would be really great.

Without appearing as a “complainer” at this point, however, I would also have some suggestions for improvement that would simplify the work with this tool.

I certainly have 40,000 searchable PDF or Word files. When I do a search, I often see a large number of files. It would be great now if you could see the date of creation, the “directory path” and perhaps the size of the file - just like in Explorer. Sorting by filename, etc. would be really fantastic. Searching through sometimes 100-250 pages for the right file is really tedious and ineffective.

Furthermore, it is the case with me that the access times to a file found once (opening, etc.) are sometimes extremely slow. Given my hardware, I can’t really understand this.

A change / optimization of the interface would be really great and would certainly make work easier. I am already aware that creating the app is time-consuming and is also “voluntary”. In this respect, please do not misunderstand what I said, it is just a request.

Greetings and stay healthy

Django 43