Error after updating from 15.0 to 15.0.1

Hello!
I started the update with the web based updater from 15.0.0 to 15.0.1.

now a error occurs:

Fix broken values of calendar objects

Done

0/0 [>---------------------------] 0%

Doctrine\DBAL\Exception\InvalidFieldNameException: An exception occurred while executing ‘DELETE FROM oc_activity WHERE (affecteduser <> ?) AND (object_type = ?) AND (object_id = ?) AND (subjectparams LIKE ?)’ with params [“XXX”, “calendar”, “1”, “%{“id”:“1sb627ev7ogpbbv9c3k7lvqjuk@google.com”%”]:

SQLSTATE[42S22]: Column not found: 1054 Unknown column ‘object_type’ in ‘where clause’

Update failed

Does anyone know, what to do?

I have searched that problem, but no solution found. Would be very nice, if anyone can help!

Best regards
Christian

I can just confirm that I had a similar problem today updating from 14.0.4 to 14.0.5 (ubuntu 16.04):

[0 / 0]: Fix broken values of calendar objects

Repair step: Registering building of calendar search index as background job

Repair info: Repair step already executed

Repair step: Remove activity entries of private events

Doctrine\DBAL\Exception\InvalidFieldNameException: An exception occurred while executing ‘DELETE FROM oc_activity WHERE (affecteduser <> ?) AND (object_type = ?) AND (object_id = ?) AND (subjectparams LIKE ?)’ with params [“xxx”, “calendar”, “2”, “%{"id":"7824o1kffu1buv9rxxxxxxx2c"%”]: SQLSTATE[42S22]: Column not found: 1054 Unknown column ‘object_type’ in ‘where clause’

Das Update ist fehlgeschlagen. Bitte melden Sie dieses Problem an die Nextcloud Community.

Ok, here is the solution:

there are two columns missing in the oc_activity table in the database.

you can fix it, if you put there

ALTER TABLE oc_activity
ADD object_type varchar(255) NULL;

and

ALTER TABLE oc_activity
ADD object_id bigint(20) NOT NULL;

than clean the oc_activity with “truncate oc_activity”

That has worked for me well.

Christian

1 Like

Hm, I checked my existing 15.0.0 installation. There I can found these columns :thinking:
So the question is: What happend?
Did you have these columns before you did the update? Get they deleted while the update?

I have tried it in a new instance and these both columns were missing in my 15.0.0 installation.

Do you have any Warnings on the Settings -> Overview site?

Thank you very much! This solved my problem too!

+1 for the fix from my side also