Error 403 Forbidden after migration from Owncloud

Hello,

Today I tried to migrate my Owncloud instance (9.1.x) to Nextcloud (10.0.x). I followed all the steps detailed here : https://nextcloud.com/migration/. I make the upgrade process by the command line tool.

Yet, I’m unable to “visit the login page” as it is said at the end of 4/. I get a full 403 error: “You don’t have permission to access /cloud on this server. Server unable to read htaccess file, denying access to be safe”

To know more, I checked the apache error.log, where I read:

(13)Permission denied: [client 176.157.107.218:35674] AH00529: /srv/data/web/vhosts/www.laspic.eu/htdocs/cloud/.htaccess pcfg_openfile: unable to check htaccess file, ensure it is readable and that '/srv/data/web/vhosts/www.laspic.eu/htdocs/cloud/' is executable

I don’t know what I am supposed to do… I don’t find clue on google.
Please help me… :worried:

J.

Finally, I’ve proceeded to a fresh installation from scratch. No problem anymore. But too bad for my datas ! :frowning:

sorry. i didnt read it earlier. usually a chmod would have helped you to make htaccess readable and the path was executable

I tried that ! But I got some errors. It was surprisingly impossible for me to get the right to make a chmod in the console. No doubt that I was making something wrong, but no way to know what.

Anyway, it doesn’t matter any more. Don’t feel bad about that. The problem is gone with the fresh installation !

1 Like