My Nextcloud web-install is stuck in an
endless loop of the “Create an admin account” form,
while running setup-nextcloud.php:
Whatever I enter in this form, after pressing the “Install” button, it just appears again, empty.
(I found a number of issues/errors related to this prompt in google & this forum,
but not exactly this one…)
Any suggestions much appreciated!
Tried so far:
- Installation in webroot (intended) & ./nextcloud
- MariaDB (intended) & SQLite (just to check if that helps)
- downloaded “setup-nextcloud.php” & OpenSuSE nextcloud-25.0.6 rpm
- Calling http://localhost/setup-nextcloud.php from browser inside VM
& https://ncSubDomain.myDomain.com/setup-nextcloud.php from browsers inside & outside VM
(incl. MS Edge & Firefox)
The result is identical in all variations: Endless loop.
- Dedicated, new OpenSuSe Tumbleweed VM (Qemu-kvm on OpenSuSe host)
- Apache 2.4.57, PHP 8.1.19, MariaDB 10.11.2 (all dependencies met)
- Behind Apache 2.4 reverse proxy, name-based vhost
I have a Nextcloud instance running for years on this platform,
gone through many version updates,
but that VM cannot be updated to PHP 8 cleanly anymore,
so want to migrate to a fresh install for Nextcloud 26.