End-to-end encryption Delete problem

Support intro

I can’t delete several files, nor edit / move them

OCA\DAV\Connector\Sabre\Exception\Forbidden: Write access to end-to-end encrypted folder requires token - no token sent

1. /var/www/html/custom_apps/end_to_end_encryption/lib/Connector/Sabre/LockPlugin.php - line 143:OCA\EndToEndEncryption\Connector\Sabre\LockPlugin->verifyTokenOnWriteAccess([ "OCA\DAV\ … "], null)
  2. /var/www/html/3rdparty/sabre/event/lib/WildcardEmitterTrait.php - line 89:OCA\EndToEndEncryption\Connector\Sabre\LockPlugin->checkLock([ “Sabre\HTTP\Request”], [ “Sabre\HTTP\Response”])
  3. /var/www/html/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/Server.php - line 456:Sabre\DAV\Server->emit(“beforeMethod:DELETE”, [ [ "Sabre\ … ]])
  4. /var/www/html/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/Server.php - line 253:Sabre\DAV\Server->invokeMethod([ “Sabre\HTTP\Request”], [ “Sabre\HTTP\Response”])
  5. /var/www/html/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/Server.php - line 321:Sabre\DAV\Server->start()
  6. /var/www/html/apps/dav/lib/Server.php - line 365:Sabre\DAV\Server->exec()
  7. /var/www/html/apps/dav/appinfo/v2/remote.php - line 35:OCA\DAV\Server->exec()
  8. /var/www/html/remote.php - line 172:require_once(“/var/www/ht … p”)

Nextcloud version (eg, 20.0.5): AIO
Operating system and version (eg, Ubuntu 20.04): ArchLinux with Docker
Apache or nginx version (eg, Apache 2.4.25): Nextcloud AIO
PHP version (eg, 7.4): Nextcloud AIO

Where/what are you trying to delete them from? What client are you using? (And what version of the client)?

1 Like

I am using nextcloud-client 2:3.12.0-1 under ArchLinux and am trying to delete a file in Dolphin Filemanager. The client is correctly paired with the E2EE passphrase. Deletion/moving/editing fails. However, files can be opened. Is there a possibility that some files are not encrypted and this mixed environment is causing problems?

I’m seeing the very same issue (again).

[webdav] Fehler: OCA\DAV\Connector\Sabre\Exception\Forbidden: Write access to end-to-end encrypted folder requires token - no token sent at <<closure>>

0. /var/www/nextcloud/apps/end_to_end_encryption/lib/Connector/Sabre/LockPlugin.php line 143
   OCA\EndToEndEncryption\Connector\Sabre\LockPlugin->verifyTokenOnWriteAccess()
1. /var/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/sabre/event/lib/WildcardEmitterTrait.php line 89
   OCA\EndToEndEncryption\Connector\Sabre\LockPlugin->checkLock()
2. /var/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/Server.php line 456
   Sabre\DAV\Server->emit()
3. /var/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/Server.php line 253
   Sabre\DAV\Server->invokeMethod()
4. /var/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/Server.php line 321
   Sabre\DAV\Server->start()
5. /var/www/nextcloud/apps/dav/lib/Server.php line 368
   Sabre\DAV\Server->exec()
6. /var/www/nextcloud/apps/dav/appinfo/v2/remote.php line 35
   OCA\DAV\Server->exec()
7. /var/www/nextcloud/remote.php line 172
   require_once("/var/www/nextcl ... p")

DELETE /remote.php/dav/files/username/encrypted_folder/XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
from xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx by username at 2024-03-05T00:35:32+01:00

It’s so annoying that E2EE just breaks every few days. SO annoying!

NC v27.1.7.2, Windows endpoint. Same happens for Android. iOS impossible to test because broken anyway ("Server E2EE version 1.2, not compatible" plus "serious internal error in end-to-end encryption" · Issue #2809 · nextcloud/ios · GitHub). I start to feel no one in the E2EE business really knows what’s going on and what they are doing.

Edit: see

1 Like

They don’t want to address it in an issue and sent me here :slight_smile:

Well there are plenty of issues for this. Check the previous posts.

Unfortunately… E2EE has not much activity on GitHub.

I reset E2EE (and also disabled the default encryption module) which somehow made it work again for Windows endpoints, at least. Let’s see when it breaks again. Probably not a matter of if, more of when. :frowning: