Hi Boyz (and Girlz perhaps)
Merry X-mas and I wish everyone a healthy 2021 ! Lets hope for a better future.
When updating to v.20.0.3 from v.19.x (on RaspberryPi 4) it showed an omenous warning about legacy encryption.
So I followed the cookbook, removed encryption, even thought Legacy seemed supported I took no chance to get stuck in some future update.
But that feels really unsafe
- It is totally unclear if Legacy will be supported in the future
- it is unclear whether it is safe to use, and till what point in time
- it is unclear what to replace it with after removing it
- to my opinion the installer should take care of this
By the way: in chapter “Migrating” the manual only mentions how to remove it, does not mention what to replace it with. Seems the chapter is not finished yet
Can anyone elborate on this ?
- How do I safely encrypt my local storage with guaranteed future support ?
- Can anyone finish the manual, so its clear about what to do next ?
Cheers and take care