Empty content by browser access

Hi
when trying to access my files the browser-window of firefox is showing the icons on top and the sidebar on the left but no content. The section fotos seems to work.
I seems to work by using the edge-browser or the android-app for example.

• is this an error of firefox or my setup?

This happens since i had to reinstall ncp:
due to SD crash on my raspberry pi 3 i had to setup a new system by following the steps on How to install NextCloudPi and How to backup and restore using nc snapshot .

Systeminfo

• NextCloudPi version v1.48.3
  • NextCloudPi image NextCloudPi_07-25-22
    Nextcloud configuration
    *version 24.0.2.1

Do you use a virus scanner oder adblocker? Deactivate it.

Also you can use the developer tools. Click in Mozilla Firefox F12 and then Network Analysis. Reload the website and post some errors. Maybe a Javascript problem. Post Nextcloud Logs.

Hi devnull
thanks for you input.

i deactivated all plugins, paused avast one and entered F12/Network Analysis and did a refresh.
Here what i found (hopefully on the right track-i’n not a developper;-)

Information:

[INFO] viewer: No OCA.Files app found, viewer is now in standalone mode
Object { app: “viewer”, uid: “xxxxxxx” }
Object { app: “viewer”, uid: “me” }
ConsoleLogger.js:33:16

Errors:

Uncaught SyntaxError: “” literal not terminated before end of script merged-index.js:12928:61

Uncaught TypeError: OCA.Files.FileList is undefined
46658 sharedfilelist.js:28
Webpack 4
sharedfilelist.js:28:5

Uncaught TypeError: OCA.Files.FileList is undefined
92832 filelist.js:65
92832 filelist.js:29
Webpack 7
filelist.js:65:1

Uncaught TypeError: OCA.Files.fileActions is undefined
registerFileActions mindmap.js:256
each jQuery
registerFileActions mindmap.js:255
init mindmap.js:9
mindmap.js:664
jQuery 12
Webpack 7
mindmap.js:256:4

Uncaught TypeError: OCA.Files.fileActions is undefined
filetypes.js:61
jQuery 12
Webpack 4
filetypes.js:61:1

​Where/how t oaccess the Nextcloud Logs? There is nothing meaningful on mydomain:4443 → logs and the logfile as indicated on the Nextcloud configuration page (/media/USBdrive/ncdata/nextcloud.log) is 71 MBytes…

Thanks for further hints
S

Sorry your logs above does not help me. Are there problems with loading objects e.g. error 404, 500 in the part network analysis?

You find it at /path/to/your/nextcloud/data/nextcloud.log. You can change the loglevel in config/config.php documentation loglevel

Here are some locations for the logs

Also, run ncp-report in the terminal

1 Like

thanks for the how-to-logs. I finally also realized that i can access it via browser through preferences ->protocols

when i reload my page on firefox i get
information:
column App: no app in…
column Message: Deprecated event type for OCA\Files::loadAdditionalScripts: Symfony\Component\EventDispatcher\GenericEvent is used

error:
column App: cssresourceloader
column Message: Could not find resource css/server.css to load

warning:
column App: core
column Message: Failed to compile and/or save /var/www/nextcloud/core/css/server.scss

Finally I got the impression that my backup (I followed How to backup and restore using nc snapshot ) was somehow defective so I gave up debugging of errors.

Instead I restarted from scratch with the provided image (v1.48.3 thank you very much!). Somehow I managed to restore the data from my automatic nc-snapshot-auto inspired by the explanations “How to backup and restore using nc snapshot”.

…and run into a lot of new challenges (manual copy of all data to the new instance, adjust permission, re-scan, Cannot login: Too Many Requests, …), which seems to be overcome finally except one:

Although I can access the panel within my local network this situation is not very satisfying…

Any idea?
No complains in www .domain.net/settings/admin/overview
Nothing special under www .domain.net/settings/admin/logging

Thanks a lot.

Do you have physical access or ssh access so you can use a terminal/CLI?

If so, can you run sudo ncp-report to get some information?

I also recommend checking the NCP & NC logs, the actual files not through the web interface, to see if there’s anything there

Yes, I have access:-)

NextcloudPi /var/log/ncp.log

Too much information - going through it i was not able to find something: what should I searching for?

sudo ncp-report

Found nothing related to the issue (but hint’s to other problems which may explain why my PC is still syncing with NCP…)

Nextcloud /var/www/data/nextcloud.log

Does not exist, but looking on the external USB data drive. Here the same as in ncp-report: loads of sync-errors.

• Could the ongoing sync-process limit to only locally accessing to the panel ?
  • How long should I expect to sync 350 GiBytes?