Elasticsearch 7.11 on NC20

Hi

I am trying to get full text search working with a three node Elasticsearch 7.11 cluster in conjunction with NC20

NC20 is running on Debian 9 with its database on a separate Debian 10 host. The Elasticsearch nodes are running on Debain 10 as well. File storage is handed off to a TrueNAS server via an NFS mount point.

I am having some frustration and was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction.

1_cluster_health

2_shard_health

3_index

4_install_plugin

5_test_setup

6_create_index

7_search_settings

8_results

8_results

I should get several results for the word ‘motherboard’ both from text files and pdfs.

9_errors

no app in context OCP\FullTextSearch\Exceptions\FullTextSearchAppNotAvailableException: No IIndexService registered

{“reqId”:“aSmNjGWkkIcyHMPyMCn4”,“level”:3,“time”:“2021-03-23T17:21:06+00:00”,“remoteAddr”:“192.168.0.25”,“user”:“NOT@ME”,“app”:“no app in context”,“method”:“DELETE”,“url”:“/remote.php/dav/files/NOT@ME/Downloads/TURVIFhlbkFwcCA3LjEzLldpbmRvd3MgMTAgUHJvLUZpbGUgRGVza3RvcCAkUzktMTg-.ica”,“message”:{“Exception”:“OCP\FullTextSearch\Exceptions\FullTextSearchAppNotAvailableException”,“Message”:“No IIndexService registered”,“Code”:0,“Trace”:[{“file”:“/var/www/html/nextcloud/lib/private/FullTextSearch/FullTextSearchManager.php”,“line”:193,“function”:“getIndexService”,“class”:“OC\FullTextSearch\FullTextSearchManager”,“type”:“->”},{“file”:“/var/www/html/nextcloud/apps/files_fulltextsearch/lib/Listeners/FileDeleted.php”,“line”:61,“function”:“updateIndexStatus”,“class”:“OC\FullTextSearch\FullTextSearchManager”,“type”:“->”,“args”:[“*** sensitive parameters replaced ***”]},{“file”:“/var/www/html/nextcloud/lib/private/EventDispatcher/ServiceEventListener.php”,“line”:76,“function”:“handle”,“class”:“OCA\Files_FullTextSearch\Listeners\FileDeleted”,“type”:“->”},{“file”:“/var/www/html/nextcloud/3rdparty/symfony/event-dispatcher/EventDispatcher.php”,“line”:251,“function”:“__invoke”,“class”:“OC\EventDispatcher\ServiceEventListener”,“type”:“->”},{“file”:“/var/www/html/nextcloud/3rdparty/symfony/event-dispatcher/EventDispatcher.php”,“line”:73,“function”:“callListeners”,“class”:“Symfony\Component\EventDispatcher\EventDispatcher”,“type”:“->”},{“file”:“/var/www/html/nextcloud/lib/private/EventDispatcher/EventDispatcher.php”,“line”:86,“function”:“dispatch”,“class”:“Symfony\Component\EventDispatcher\EventDispatcher”,“type”:“->”},{“file”:“/var/www/html/nextcloud/lib/private/EventDispatcher/EventDispatcher.php”,“line”:98,“function”:“dispatch”,“class”:“OC\EventDispatcher\EventDispatcher”,“type”:“->”},{“file”:“/var/www/html/nextcloud/lib/private/Files/Node/HookConnector.php”,“line”:157,“function”:“dispatchTyped”,“class”:“OC\EventDispatcher\EventDispatcher”,“type”:“->”},{“file”:“/var/www/html/nextcloud/lib/private/legacy/OC_Hook.php”,“line”:110,“function”:“postDelete”,“class”:“OC\Files\Node\HookConnector”,“type”:“->”},{“file”:“/var/www/html/nextcloud/lib/private/Files/View.php”,“line”:1280,“function”:“emit”,“class”:“OC_Hook”,“type”:“::”},{“file”:“/var/www/html/nextcloud/lib/private/Files/View.php”,“line”:1208,“function”:“runHooks”,“class”:“OC\Files\View”,“type”:“->”},{“file”:“/var/www/html/nextcloud/lib/private/Files/View.php”,“line”:724,“function”:“basicOperation”,“class”:“OC\Files\View”,“type”:“->”},{“file”:“/var/www/html/nextcloud/apps/dav/lib/Connector/Sabre/File.php”,“line”:466,“function”:“unlink”,“class”:“OC\Files\View”,“type”:“->”},{“file”:“/var/www/html/nextcloud/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/Tree.php”,“line”:183,“function”:“delete”,“class”:“OCA\DAV\Connector\Sabre\File”,“type”:“->”},{“file”:“/var/www/html/nextcloud/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/CorePlugin.php”,“line”:295,“function”:“delete”,“class”:“Sabre\DAV\Tree”,“type”:“->”},{“file”:“/var/www/html/nextcloud/3rdparty/sabre/event/lib/WildcardEmitterTrait.php”,“line”:89,“function”:“httpDelete”,“class”:“Sabre\DAV\CorePlugin”,“type”:“->”},{“file”:“/var/www/html/nextcloud/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/Server.php”,“line”:474,“function”:“emit”,“class”:“Sabre\DAV\Server”,“type”:“->”},{“file”:“/var/www/html/nextcloud/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/Server.php”,“line”:251,“function”:“invokeMethod”,“class”:“Sabre\DAV\Server”,“type”:“->”},{“file”:“/var/www/html/nextcloud/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/Server.php”,“line”:319,“function”:“start”,“class”:“Sabre\DAV\Server”,“type”:“->”},{“file”:“/var/www/html/nextcloud/apps/dav/lib/Server.php”,“line”:332,“function”:“exec”,“class”:“Sabre\DAV\Server”,“type”:“->”},{“file”:“/var/www/html/nextcloud/apps/dav/appinfo/v2/remote.php”,“line”:35,“function”:“exec”,“class”:“OCA\DAV\Server”,“type”:“->”},{“file”:“/var/www/html/nextcloud/remote.php”,“line”:167,“args”:[“/var/www/html/nextcloud/apps/dav/appinfo/v2/remote.php”],“function”:“require_once”}],“File”:“/var/www/html/nextcloud/lib/private/FullTextSearch/FullTextSearchManager.php”,“Line”:117,“CustomMessage”:“–”},“userAgent”:“Mozilla/5.0 (Linux) mirall/2.6.2-1build1 (Nextcloud)”,“version”:“20.0.8.1”,“id”:“605a2eaa97daf”}

Any help gratefully received.

I appear to have fixed my issue but I am not 100% sure how.

I found this post yesterday occ config:app:set fulltextsearch search_platform value changed :-( · Issue #600 · nextcloud/fulltextsearch · GitHub

And based on it execute the following command

php occ config:app:set fulltextsearch FullTextSearch_Elasticsearch

I also noticed the example search provider path in the GUI has a trailing / character, so I added that too.

Now if I use the main search button I get my results.

And the dark theme really sucks here btw.

if I use the other search icon I get only standard results.

2021-03-29_08-44

Is this worth a bug report?