Edit nginx configuration file before or after an update?

Nextcloud version (eg, 10.0.2): ownCloud 8.2.10
Operating system and version (eg, Ubuntu 16.04): Ubuntu 16.04
Apache or nginx version (eg, Apache 2.4.25): nginx 1.10.0
PHP version (eg, 5.6): php7.0-fpm 7.0.17
Is this the first time you’ve seen this error?: No error; request for best practise.

Can you reliably replicate it? (If so, please outline steps): Nothing to replicate.

The issue you are facing:
Today I’m running ownCloud 8.2.10 using a nginx configuration file described in the ownCloud 8.2 Server Administration Manual. The configuration is different from the example configuration from the Nextcloud 9 Server Administration Manual. I’d like to know if I should change the nginx configuration file before or after I run the update to migrate from OC 8.2.10 to NC 9.0.X.

Any advice on this?

Thanks
Tronde

I have no idea what the differences are in the config, but you may want to plan on some downtime while you manage to update the config. Either way, I don’t think it would matter much whether you do the occ upgrade first and then update the nginx config, or the other way around. Eventually you will end up with new versions of both.

Well, thanks for the advice. My testing instance is in downtime for three days now, and I have now idea what’s wrong. :disappointed:

Like some others I cannot login anymore after the upgrade finished successfully. But maybe someone could help with my problem described in the other thread. :cold_sweat: