E2EE: getting 403 Forbidden error when deleting files

Hello!

Well, I’m testing around with E2EE as I set up a new server.

NC Server Version: 20.0.8
NC Client Version 3.1.3 (Debian - AppImage)

Issue:

I used the E2EE Addon to encrypt a folder for my Testuser and uploaded some files. All went smooth. Files are accessible. Decrypted on harddrive, encrypted on server.
Then I wanted to delete the files again.

So I deleted the files on my desktop and the NC Client starts to sync but ends with a “403 Forbidden” error. The files can’t be deleted from the server.

Log (see below) says “no token sent” … so is it a client issue … or a addon issue?

Someone ran into this problem before?

Greetings!

Hoiba

Log:

OCA\DAV\Connector\Sabre\Exception\Forbidden: Write access to end-to-end encrypted folder requires token - no token sent

/nextcloud/apps/end_to_end_encryption/lib/Connector/Sabre/LockPlugin.php - line 153:

OCA\EndToEndEncryption\Connector\Sabre\LockPlugin->verifyTokenOnWriteAccess(OCA\DAV\Conn ... {}, null)

/nextcloud/3rdparty/sabre/event/lib/WildcardEmitterTrait.php - line 89:

OCA\EndToEndEncryption\Connector\Sabre\LockPlugin->checkLock(Sabre\HTTP\Request {}, Sabre\HTTP\Response {})

/nextcloud/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/Server.php - line 458:

Sabre\DAV\Server->emit("beforeMethod:DELETE", [ Sabre\HTTP ... }])

/nextcloud/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/Server.php - line 251:

Sabre\DAV\Server->invokeMethod(Sabre\HTTP\Request {}, Sabre\HTTP\Response {})

/nextcloud/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/Server.php - line 319:

Sabre\DAV\Server->start()

/nextcloud/apps/dav/lib/Server.php - line 332:

Sabre\DAV\Server->exec()

/nextcloud/apps/dav/appinfo/v2/remote.php - line 35:

OCA\DAV\Server->exec()

/nextcloud/remote.php - line 167:

require_once("/nextcloud/ ... p")
1 Like

Well, nevermind.

After some research it seems the whole e2ee is just broken.

I’m using 20.0.7 installed via Snap on an Ubuntu 20.04 with Nextcloud desktop client 3.1.3 on Debian Testing. I’m seeing the same error. Like you, I see a lot of strange behavior when using E2EE. I usually can get things to sync, but it’s is far from a “set it and forget it” option. I have high hopes for the new releases coming soon.